How would you of played this?

M

MicroBratt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone, so on ACR tournament.
I had around 1.5mil in chips and in SB 25k, BB 50k, next to act was chip leader at table 3mil that raised to 120k around, button calls and I have pk 77 I make the call, 3 way to the flop. Flop is 6 10 6s, so I wanted to see where I was and bet like 82k, raiser calls button folds, turn is Js I decide to check and he checks, river is the 7s. So I make a boat and the flush gets there. My thinking after the flop was that if he had a bigger pair than the 10's he would of re raised my bet. So when he called I was trying to put together what he may of been playing with if he hit some of the flop. A10s, K10s, Q10s etc. A6s maybe etc. So through all the thinking I led out prob to much with 700k on the river leaving like just under 600k behind. He then jams all in. Did I make the river bet to much to where I left myself not to fold if he does jam? Could I of checked to see if he would make a bet then just call seeing PK 10's beat me, or the close to zero chance of quad 6's. I never been in that situation before and the time bank was like 10 sec, so I had to make a quick call and I called off my stack. He did have Pk 66 for the quads..:frown:
I would like to hear of your thoughts, good or bad. This was a $11 buy in 15k GTD 2044 entrants, top 4 paid was where the money was at of course.

Thanks everyone.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How deep were you in this tourney? Early/Late close to the money? How many people were at the table....a lot of unknown stuff but going off what you posted. With 7s Depending on the people at the table I would have put out an additional bet To single out someone or buy the blinds in. on the Flop you can go in many directions and there isn't a huge issue there. The turn is the mistake that I see , you have to see where you are at , you can't check especially now that you're floating with 2 overs on the board. On the River you definitely Over bet to completely make yourself committed to anything he bet and when he Jams I think you have to consider he has some sort of Boat as well. again though without knowing everything that was happening at the table its just an opinion

M

MicroBratt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the reply, we had 8 at the table and 29 left at the time. A time where you are hoping to make big hands. I was average stack at the time. Live and learn I guess. tnx.

B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My thinking assumed you were at the final table because of the size of your stack. That would change how you might handle the play. Also, there's not much you can do about quads a larger boat. I think the question is, if you believe he has Jacks or Tens full, would you fold? You already said it yourself, betting 700K didn't give you much room.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like the flop lead. we don't get any better hands to fold and we cause all worse hands to call. there are few draws available to extract value from and we block them (gutshots).

betting to "see where you are at" also known as an information bet is not a sound strategy. I would check call all small to normal bet sizes here.

on the turn I would check fold (but he didn't give you that chance).

on the river the miracle card comes. Now we want to design a value bet that can get called. what are we targeting to call us? Tx? overpairs? I'd target Tx as that will also capture value from overpairs and so I'd bet something like 30-40% of the pot on the river. betting so large makes it so that he almost has to have a hand better than yours to call (or be a huge non believer)

PelyaMX

PelyaMX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone, so on ACR tournament.
I would like to hear of your thoughts, good or bad. This was a $11 buy in 15k GTD 2044 entrants, top 4 paid was where the money was at of course.
Thanks everyone.

On the board where one player collects care and another full-house in 90% full house just morally cannot fold his hand ... so it doesn't matter how you played your hand ... on the river you were doomed to lose the entire stack.