call , raise , fold ?
Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

THe Slob

THe Slob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have pushed the turn. If my math's right, which isn't often the case, you had around $900 or so behind after the betting on the flop, which is close to the size of the pot. That 8 puts a possible straight on the board and a flush draw; I'd push. If he has the straight you still have outs. If he's now drawing to a flush you're not giving him odds to do so. Maybe he has a set of 10's and your drawing very thin. Regardless a set is a very strong hand on a very draw heavy board, so I'd try to get all the money in while I assume I'm a favorite.

What was the buy-in? If it's a $1.00-$2.00 buy-in I'd call on the river. At that level a lot of times you'll catch an overpair betting a scary board after you've checked, of course you'll also occasionally find you've been sucked out on by someone calling the whole way with nothing, only to catch a flush on the river.

If it's a bigger buy-in you can fold here and at this level with 19 bb's still have time to build you stack.

CrackaNACtion

CrackaNACtion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have pushed the turn. If my math's right, which isn't often the case, you had around $900 or so behind after the betting on the flop, which is close to the size of the pot. That 8 puts a possible straight on the board and a flush draw; I'd push. If he has the straight you still have outs. If he's now drawing to a flush you're not giving him odds to do so. Maybe he has a set of 10's and your drawing very thin. Regardless a set is a very strong hand on a very draw heavy board, so I'd try to get all the money in while I assume I'm a favorite.

What was the buy-in? If it's a $1.00-$2.00 buy-in I'd call on the river. At that level a lot of times you'll catch an overpair betting a scary board after you've checked, of course you'll also occasionally find you've been sucked out on by someone calling the whole way with nothing, only to catch a flush on the river.

If it's a bigger buy-in you can fold here and at this level with 19 bb's still have time to build you stack.

i agree here.. i quote him cause i didnt wanna type sam thing :p

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have raised to probably about 500 on the flop instead of 350 then shove the turn if he just calls.

As played, shove the river he probably has A10 or something weak.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ya I think I should have shoved on turn but wanted to milk it and got what I deserved I guess . called and lost .

Dj

S

soonerdel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sick yet typical pokerstars river..

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. too small of bet on flop (less than half pot)
2. opponent donk min raise lolz
3. donk min re-raise
4. too small of bet on turn
5. etc., etc.,

Really, what are you waiting for here?

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jay, your fired! :D JK

No worries, man. We have all done this kind of thing at some time or other. I think we all can learn from posts like this. I bet you'll play it differently next time.

GO SAUSAGE!!!

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jay, your fired! :D JK

No worries, man. We have all done this kind of thing at some time or other. I think we all can learn from posts like this. I bet you'll play it differently next time.

GO SAUSAGE!!!

I hope so mr sticker but I have a bad habit of waiting till the river to make my move .

1. too small of bet on flop (less than half pot)
2. opponent donk min raise lolz
3. donk min re-raise
4. too small of bet on turn
5. etc., etc.,

Really, what are you waiting for here?

1. the first bet was a suckin bet , wanted to get money in pot without scarring him away .
2. his donk mini raise make me think a set of 10's was possible but mini raised back to see what he did , if he raised me all in I would have to consider folding middle set . (to tight ?) I mean I wouldn't hesitate to raise all in but call , not sure .
3. when he just called my min re-raise I thought I had him and was just milking to the river to bet big. (stupid tactic ? )
5 . bad call too ? still didn't quite believe him but thought the flush was a possibility , if the river was not a flush filler I would have come over the top thinking he definitely didn't have the straight.
6 . I am clueless and need help . :)

momoney2

momoney2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand the small bet on the Flop to slow-play your set; but when he min-raised, since you are OOP I think I would have made a bigger re-raise around 500. (This may have already been said.)
The Turn card is a bit scary, since he could have easily limped from the button with 67, and that would also explain his min-raise on the Flop in order to get a free card if he didn't hit the Turn.
I hate to fold sets though, so I probably would have pushed on the Turn to end the hand right there, or if he had a made straight to possibly re-draw to a boat or quads.
So I don't mind the initial bet on the Flop, but once you were min-raised, I would have looked to turn on the aggression from that point on and got my money in on the Turn.

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's how I would have played this. Limp preflop is fine. BB checks you check behind him, the button would probably bet 100. Think for a bit then call. On the turn make a big bet since there's so many draws out there. On the flop you could afford to give a free card since there is only small straight draws, but on the turn there are now more straight draws and a flush draw so you have to bet. On the river check call or bet.

But the way you played it I think you should have reraised to 500 or 600 on the flop, on the turn bet 3/4th pot to entire pot.

M

mjd5228

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
agreed... you should've been more aggressive on both flop and turn.
unfortunate... surprisingly though, those are very common types of hands where any bankroll is lost