How was played QJs in BB

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The raise pre was fine and the c-bet makes sense. Once you get two shoves in front of you and you don't have the flush draw to go with it, it's a fold. You also have 36bb. It's gotta be a fold and find a better spot.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think I would have just checked my option in this hand. With all players at the table in the hand at this point I think we are just bloating the pot that we are very likely going to be OOP for the rest of this hand. If I was going to raise I would have raised it more that the 5K total that you made it. I maybe wrong but it just seams to small. A pot size raise here would have been better I think. On the flop I like your CBET. With the open ender and overs it was a good play. Sadly I think we may need to call here. You need to win about 19.7% of the time to make this a profitable call. You have 6 clean outs here, 8 if there is no flush draw and up to 14 if you are up only against a pair. Worst case you have 25% equity in the hand so I would say we should call. I would hate being in the situation but think I would have.

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you had a flush draw too then it would be a right move. But in your case it was risky. I wouldn't probably call it in your situation.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think raising or just checking in the BB is fine here as long as your raise is large. In this case, 5k is probably too small because you really dont want a call here. Is someone calls other than SB now you are playing a huge pot out of position. As played the C bet is fine but once there is a jam and then a call to that jam in front of you, it is a fold without at least a strong flush draw.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I would have just checked my option in this hand. With all players at the table in the hand at this point I think we are just bloating the pot that we are very likely going to be OOP for the rest of this hand. If I was going to raise I would have raised it more that the 5K total that you made it. I maybe wrong but it just seams to small. A pot size raise here would have been better I think. On the flop I like your CBET. With the open ender and overs it was a good play. Sadly I think we may need to call here. You need to win about 19.7% of the time to make this a profitable call. You have 6 clean outs here, 8 if there is no flush draw and up to 14 if you are up only against a pair. Worst case you have 25% equity in the hand so I would say we should call. I would hate being in the situation but think I would have.

Very much agree with this. When the entire table has limped into the pot, its extremely optimistic to iso-raise with QJs out of position. Its not for value, and we are never getting everyone to fold, unless we go all in. So just knock your option, keep the pot small, and leave yourself more room to maneuver postflop. As played its high variance, but you are getting way to good odds to fold with 6 outs to the nuts, 2 outs that are often good, and a BDFD as well. Sometimes even your overcards are outs, as in fact they were this time at least against the winner.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey poker pals.
I have been playing live poker . So, I would like some advice on how to play in this situation .
Thanks a lot.
https://pokerbankrolltracker.net/replayer/19819

Thank U 4 Posting.

I have not read any other post, just stopped the replayer at your raise, no calls yet preflop.

Your raise makes a pot of 11.7 K giving all other players direct odds of 2.9 to 1.
if one player calls before the V on the BTN the BTN V will be getting 3.9 to 1. ETC.
The V's implied odds are 11.9 to 1 with no other callers. For some the perfect set mining odds.

Looking at these odds and the number of players already in the pot do you think there is a better action to take preflop than what you did?

A standard raise for pro players is to raise 3x + 1x for every player.

It is a very good guideline to start with.

If you used the above formula your raise should be 3K +1k+1k+1k+1k+1k+1k =9K more. +your 1kbb=10k total

Had you raised to 10K total the pot would be 15.7K/ 9k to call giving 1.74 to 1 odds.
Implied odds for first V to call would be 4.11 to 1 not good enough to set mine.

Once called by someone you have a pot sized shove on the flop so no V gets pot odds to set mine or to play a weak drawing hand preflop.

However, we do not know all stack sizes so we do not know if the larger raise causes a player to shove KQ AQ KJ AJ or QQ JJ that they smooth called in late position with a possible 15-20bb stack.

Use the cardschat equity calculator and do the equity on that range vs yours.
Also do you think the BTN V is going to fold any of that range to your 4k raise?
What about AK your suit or A10 your suit or K10 your suit. Do you think the BTN folds that range for 4k more? 11.9 -1 implied odds.

I will end my review here.

Hope this helps

:):)

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, a hand a little complicated by the amount of limpers, I would have just called in the pre - flop, although it is advisable to raise but in that case where the whole table calls and I in the BB would not have raised , then I think you should not call your straigth draw after the button check / raise and the SB call so I think it was an easy fold. The hand is not so easy to play, I don't criticize your game, I only express what I would have done. call in the pre and with that board check and maybe if there was not a very big bet see the turn otherwise fold

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very interesting spot, thanks for posting it.

Post-flop you definitely have to get your stack in with a potential 15-out draw (8 straight out, 6 partial outs to an overpair, and 1 for a backdoor flush draw) given how large the pot is at this point.

Checking pre-flop is good like others say. But you can for sure raise here with larger sizing including just shoving. The problem with 5bb is that too often it's just a pot-sweetener where most players call and you're OOP. Also the pot is around 20% of your stack so it's a fairly reasonable risk/reward ratio to shove in 40bb.