here one for ya

S

shawn55

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I got this joker sittin too the left of me he/she is goin all in ever time and i get kq of club and I BET 250 BEFORE THE FLOP AND THEY GO ALL IN I CALL THE FLOP CAME K 7 8 TURNS A 9 RIVERS A 5 I GOT APAIR KINGS THEY TURN OVER Q6 OFF SUIT AND I LOSE A WHOPPING HAND!!!! 800$$$ UNREAL :icon_joke

X

xdmanx007

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
errrrr Safe to say this was a practice game huh? Or are you telling us you bet $400 preflop on KQ?

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$800 real dollars?

Lower opening bet - if they goes all in, just fold and wait for next hand. iIf they don't, bet again when K flops, and again each subsequent round you think you're ahead, until they fold. If they stay til the end and make inside straight on river, then that IS really unlucky.

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since this is the hand-analysis section, allow me to analyze.

Bad play on you. Lucky draw on him.

P.S. I hope this wasn't real money because if it was, little baby jesus is crying somewhere.

R

Randy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I might have to concur with some of my more experienced colleagues here. Putting that much money in before the flop with KQs is probably a bad move. It's just not that strong a starting hand. Trust me, I know--I've played it that way before and learned the hard way. (I'm one of these idiots who has to learn from experience even though he's been told something over and over by smart people.)

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To the OP. If you are unsure of wht hands to play and how to raise with them, there is a thread down the page from this one in strategy called starting hands. It isn't a steadfast rules thrad, more like player preferences and suggestions, containing some useful information.