Help please

L

Leo7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Im SB blinds are 2K/4K and they all fold to UTG+2 who opens 11K. They fold to me and I have QQ and I shoved 98K he showd AKo and I busted.What should I have done? Call?
3bet?
All in?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rejamming for 24BB with QQ is the correct play. This is just a standard set-up situation and one of the most common ways to bust from a tournament.

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You can play QQ from SB in two ways with this stack size after a raise, shove or call. If you call, then you either shove if flop comes under Q, or check/fold if flop has an Ace or King. I prefer to get it in pre-flop when OOP and hope for best (smaller pair).

D

Delfino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would raise to around 30k to see the flop. But honestly it would be very difficult to lay down that hand because I would have to make a small bet on the flop anyway. If A hit I could consider folding but again it would be very difficult.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't be results orientated. You got all your chips in as a 54% favourite, and lost the flip. Unfortunate, but very standard.

L

LSTBrand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
raise about 6-10 BB and the take a look at the flop
If the is no A/K then push and hope for a nice turn
and rive... Check is also possible but the you have to
akt. I would play like this cause QQ is a good hand.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could 3b QQs to roughly 35k-38k - but since that's more than 1/3 of your stack we should be shoving if we are going to raise here. A hand as strong as QQ I am never flatting here - easy 3bet shove - standard flip -- as strong as QQ is we are still flipping 60/40 with AK - so we are still going to lose a fair amount of the time.

No big deal - the correct play for sure - you just lost a flip. Is what it is