Heads-up pressure value. Hand of the tournament

N

ninoverm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
His shove is bad obviously. With any hand.

For what there is to analyse - I like continuing flop. You've got the bottom of your range at the moment and your fold equity + your hand equity is enough to put a c-bet out there. Enough middling hands to check back.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
His shove is bad obviously. With any hand.

For what there is to analyse - I like continuing flop. You've got the bottom of your range at the moment and your fold equity + your hand equity is enough to put a c-bet out there. Enough middling hands to check back.

I understood your thinking.
In fact the villain was bluffing 80% of the hands and probably with a continuation bet he would not put it all down. (I did not just want a small pot)

The move was partly psychological :)

N

ninoverm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't count on hitting your gutter and him shoving. If he wasn't folding to your c-bets it is a good check back though.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice suiside! It was in freeroll Open skill League? Or what the **** is going on? 50bb with gutshot? O_O it was funny

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice suiside! It was in freeroll Open skill League? Or what the **** is going on? 50bb with gutshot? O_O it was funny

No ... it was a weekly satellite of a home game. kkkkk
:D

pashkawell

pashkawell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The pressure is very important in poker, especially in heads-ap.

mcgregor_415

mcgregor_415

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Awful all in. The pot was too small to risk such a shove. He was sure that it's not possible to make preflop raise with such cards for straight. As you said, probably he puts you with two over cards. Maybe a pot bet here would be enough for a bluff.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Awful all in. The pot was too small to risk such a shove. He was sure that it's not possible to make preflop raise with such cards for straight. As you said, probably he puts you with two over cards. Maybe a pot bet here would be enough for a bluff.

Yes. I gave the check because I knew he was bluffing a lot, it was deliberate.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands