puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
What were you hoping for by calling the villain's bet on the turn? I think by that point you don't have much of a reason to stay in the hand. If you thought he was bluffing, you had to call the river - but you folded.

Personally I don't think QJs has any business on that board after the flop. But if you're going to bluff with it, you might as well stay strong throughout. Otherwise, just fold.

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop, no problem. C betting the flop, no problem. Check calling the turn on a paired board chasing a q high flush?!! I'd have folded. Too early in the tournament to risk that much on that kind of hand.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hi
How I see it
I would check the flop and if opponent bets I fold, end of hand.

Now if I want to C bet, than I bet turn and bet river too.

Maybe opponent has Ax and not made anything.

vuk011

vuk011

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop play its ok, nice C bet on flop but after 2 calls you should stop.
Call after 3bet on turn not good. There is a big possibility that the opponent has finished hand and that there is no card on river with which you win.

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you overestimate your hand. This is only the first level of the blinds, your call on the turn was not on the pot odds. However, if you love rebuy, you could make a call on the river. Most likely your opponent would have defeated you, I think he has a set or a monster like QQ+.

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre-flop is OK. Once the flop goes down you haven't improved your hand and are flush chasing, Should have folded after the flop

W

witfighter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
agreed. I would have folded to turn bet

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After 2 calls, I would have checked on the turn.

S

spider9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well you hit your jack and just folded? You already put so much chips in the put, He could've had A7 and was scared about the flushdraw that's why he raised or maybe he had a really strong hand???

Mati1265

Mati1265

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that you played wrong this hand. C-bet in flop is i bad decision for two players.

Mati1265

Mati1265

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've started to play poker when I was 21. One friend told me the rules and after I read differents books and watched differents wsop on youtube.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
preflop is fine
cbet is fine
but with 2 Player calling your cbet, i would slow down and check the turn. depending on the bet size from the button i might call/fold. what did you think About after calling his reraise? hoping for a flush only to continue? because you hit top pair and fold OTR. so if you call the reraise OTT, i don't see the Point in folding to the J.
Personally I don't think QJs has any business on that board after the flop. But if you're going to bluff with it, you might as well stay strong throughout. Otherwise, just fold.
good flop to cbet with 2 overcards and Backdoor draws.
I've started to play poker when I was 21. One friend told me the rules and after I read differents books and watched differents wsop on youtube.
wow cool post, thx for sharing

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Preflop with a limper I would have raised it a bit more that overall its fine. I dont mind the cbet on the flop but to be honest this flop did not hit your range so well. The turn is where I would have played it different. With the 2 callers and one or both hit the flop here and have a 7 or the 8 or some type of draw, the turn pairing this board is not good for you at all. While I understand you hit a draw if one of them have the 8 there are going to re-raise you here. I would have prefered the check and call a reasonable bet here. Calling his 3 bet was a mistake I think. Yes you have the flush draw but if he did hit the 8 some of the flush card that come in will be good for him and would cost you more big time. Smart fold on the river here.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Preflop is fine.
Flop, if you want to bet you should bet bigger. You are representing overpairs, so you should go close to pot bet. Turn bet is fine too, because you caught your backdoor flushdraw. Villain's raise is ridiculously small, so it's easy call. On the river it's a good fold, you are not beating anything. Overall, well played. Don't listen to nit's who say you should to the turn raise, you had ridiculous odds there, it was mandatory call.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands