Hand Analysis

D

Daithi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Could give me your feedback on this hand please

Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD Poker Tracking Software

NL Holdem $1900.0(BB)
CO ($303604)
BTN ($312877)
SB ($94099)
BB ($99295)
HERO ($118265)
MP ($102420)
MP ($64725)
HJ ($48590)

Dealt to Hero K A

HERO Raises To $5700 (Rem. Stack: 112330), MP Calls $5700 (Rem. Stack: 96485), MP Folds, HJ Folds, CO Folds, BTN Folds, SB Raises To $23750 (Rem. Stack: 69164), BB Folds, HERO Raises To $112330 (allin) (Rem. Stack: 0), MP Folds, SB Calls $69164 (allin) (Rem. Stack: 0)

Flop ($221374) 9 8 T

Turn ($221374) 9 8 T T

River ($221374) 9 8 T T T

SB shows K K

HERO wins $24166
SB wins $197208

Satellite. So I'm UTG with AKo. I raise 3xbb. I had M-ratio of 25. Normal raises were around 2.5x.

I get called by EP+1 who has been pretty tight (13,5, 61 hand sample), but started opening up lately, especially toward me. SB 20, 13 3-bets.

My alarmbell started ringing at this stage because he didn't 3bet in the 61 hand sample. I was pretty sure he held 88+AK. I felt the 3bet was pretty legit. On the other hand it could have been a great attempt to squeeze. I considered several factors

• 61 hands, 1st 3bet. Very likely a strong range
  • 61 hands isn't a huge sample, but can be indicative
  • My hand is too strong to lay down, but underdog if he shows up with top of his range
If I had cold-called the pot would be 58,000 and I would have left around 93,000. Around 1.8:1 SPR. I personally think calling to see the flop would be the worst option considering M-Ratio and SPR.

It was either Fold or 4-bet All-in. By shoving all in, I'd get a little from fold equity, though it wouldn't be much since he had no 3bet, plus he had 0% fold to 3bet on those 61 hands.

I am just not sure about the correct play on this one. I have a feeling that Fold or 4bet-shove are both equally acceptable plays. Remember that I was UTG. I was gonna lose the raise plus, blinds were gonna run me right after.

Also it was far, far from the satellite bubble to be laying down strong hands preflop. The bubble was about 2 hours away. On the otherhand, his 3bet seemed legit.

He showed up with KK and I got owned of course.

J

jrx1908

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call PF, we're too deep to flip AK. When you call, a% higher will be dominated.

D

darpblog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are not going to shove with that stack size consider a min raise, altough I'd prefer not to see a flop more likely that not out of position. There' not much you can do different, you can't lay down AK with 15 more likely than not you are flipping, and you have to gamble it with that small of a stack.

Alex Houngan

Alex Houngan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I myself am often so mistaken.
SB very sure of you squeezed. I personally do not like AK in the late stages of the game. It was better to see the flop, that is, to call. Especially your hand of different colors.

D

Daithi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call PF, we're too deep to flip AK. When you call, a% higher will be dominated.

Can you please elaborate on too deep to flip the AK? 25M would be deep to shove as 2bet or even 3bet alright, but as 4bet it isn't deep in my opinion. If I had called the SPR would ve 1.8:1. That's a bordeline, if not already a pot commitment. By shoving I secured seeing 5 cards instead of 3.

But I see your angle. Call, see the flop. If you don't hit lay the hand down. And after the blinds your M-ratio will be around 20.

D

Daithi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are not going to shove with that stack size consider a min raise, altough I'd prefer not to see a flop more likely that not out of position. There' not much you can do different, you can't lay down AK with 15 more likely than not you are flipping, and you have to gamble it with that small of a stack.

I thought along those lines as well.

keokeokk

keokeokk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd do the same as you, my friend.

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can DriveHud do these HH with BB displayed. I like the B/C line here also, you have a lot of BB, take a flop, and if it goes wrong, wait for the next spot, the table now see's you are willing to gamble, and fold. Next hand you can have the table set up better. This hand wont win you the game but it damn sure will lose you game

D

Daithi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can DriveHud do these HH with BB displayed. I like the B/C line here also, you have a lot of BB, take a flop, and if it goes wrong, wait for the next spot, the table now see's you are willing to gamble, and fold. Next hand you can have the table set up better. This hand wont win you the game but it damn sure will lose you game

As for Drivehud, I actually don't know. I used the 30 day trial. And to be honest, I am quite disappointed with the software. I'm a long time user of HEM2, but right now waiting for HEM3 to come out.

The hand replay in DH is glitchy, and I couldn't find any advanced functions in the replayer.

As for the gameplay, from the replies I gather it falls onto the gameplay style. I was, perhaps, hoping there was a GTO play. But I guess its down to style in this instance.

Everyone seems to have their definition of deep here. I don't view 20M as deep. It's a difficult stack; to shallow for advanced postflop play and too deep for general all-ins preflop. I view that calling the raise shifts it more toward more shallow pot committed stack. But it still is foldable, no denying that.

But are you gonna get yourself walked all over every time with a non- AA KK premium hand with M20 when it doesn't connect with the Flop? You can't do that either like...

1dkp0k3r

1dkp0k3r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UTG raise represents a very narrow, very strong range. For the SB to 3 bet you, with a caller in between, they are either a very good player, or have a very good hand. A min 4 bet fold or just folding would be how I played this hand. 4 bet sizing would be about 42,000, half of SB stack, leaving you pot committed. In this case, I would advocate a fold, considering the very tight stats that you have on this player

D

Daithi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UTG raise represents a very narrow, very strong range. For the SB to 3 bet you, with a caller in between, they are either a very good player, or have a very good hand. A min 4 bet fold or just folding would be how I played this hand. 4 bet sizing would be about 42,000, half of SB stack, leaving you pot committed. In this case, I would advocate a fold, considering the very tight stats that you have on this player

I am leaning toward a Fold as well to be honest. Especially when I have 42% against his range. At the time I thought I was a bit closer to 50%, but wasn't using range calculator live for obvious reasons. His 0% 3bet indicated a very strong range and I could have withstood to lose the initial raise.

Under other circumstances, e.g. if his 3bet was above 6%. I would have shoved probably every time in that spot. Although its a satellite. I am noob on satelittes never played them. Preservation is very important. From that perspective the call still makes sense.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands