$Freeroll NLHE MTT: What do you thing about this hand?

J

jjpregler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I would call preflop in that spot. 77 is difficult to play post flop, let alone when your stack is on the medium to short area as you are here.

The CO is betting 450 and you have 4,372, so you are not getting the right price to set mine. You are getting less than 10:1.

However, my preferred play in this spot would be to shove those chippies in his face preflop. It is a CO open. It should be fairly wide and shoving 77 will be profitable here.

Calling as you did, I like the way you played it post flop.

Nikolay23

Nikolay23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just unlucky river for you,no way to fold your full house.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a fan of jamming pre here off 29bb with no antes. Folding is justifiable if the opener is tight, however flatting pre is fine.

Rest of hand plays itself, unlucky result.

J

jjpregler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The math of the 3bet shove:

There is 675 in the pot and 4,372 in or stack or our stack is 6.5x the size of the pot. It is the same stack to pot ratio as a standard 10bbs open shove with no antes.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
When I play pairs how this usually I call depend the my cheaps, so I call and i obtained the nuts at the turn I didn't thing the river kill me but is poker have to probabilities.

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just a bad river, I think it was well played

J

Joseph Havelka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing you can do. Cooler

R

remyboiz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing wrong with the play at all, but I agree with pregler, I think the best play here would be to fold or shove. You want to take down pots pre-flop with a middle pocket-pair and folding is an option because you're only dominating sixes and below and flipping the other time

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands