$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Whas this fold good?

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I was playing the cardschat freeroll, I was in BB with QQ, a player from utg goes all in, two players in late position pay.
What would they have done in my place, taking into account that it was a freeroll and that there were 4,000 chips in play.
GL all.

https://www.boomplayer.com/27659045_81AED0C60C

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im calling preflop and you would of gotten youre money in good. The 2 JJ hands Im doing what they did but If I had JJ or lower in your position I would of folded to all that action but with QQ Im calling.

portuga

portuga

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
David Sklansk said a theory that in poker tournaments, the bigger your chip stack the less each individual chip is worth, and its corollary theory, that a chip you win is worth less than a chip you lose.

WP man, the game just started, you have 60BB so you don't need to call and face a flip against a AK...
Ya sometimes they have trash hands but don't worry, good players play the game winning small pots not gambling ;]

Last edited:
chisel

chisel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call bcs it's freeroll) if buy-in was 109$ for instance I would fold bcs it's very big buy-in for me. but in freeroll it's call

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general it is a fold. imo

But on a freeroll i do not know, i do not play those and this is really rare for me seeing such kind of action early stage where utg opens AI and there is 2 callers....

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A 4-way, or 3-way if you exclude the smallstacker, pot for tournament life.
I doubt if you have 50% chance of winning.
If I'm playing well (in my own oppinion) I try to avoid the coin flips, especially the cc freerolls, as the have a regular speed.
Looking back: you did well folding, as you would have lost.
Alternatively: it could have been an easy way to get a lot of chips, or you're out without wasting time; but that's for freeroll only.

G

Grearix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should have called in my opinion. So early in the tournament I also saw people go all-in with cards like J10s and sets below 7. Here you were still in the best position to take the hand with QQ.

G

Grearix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean I'm talking about freerolls here, in a real money MTT your fold would have been probably a good decision.

Folding in Poker