king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I knew I could win the hand when he made the call, I assumed he was not 10, with my pair of 9 and seeing 1010j on the board, I had a good chance of winning. I was aggressive and sometimes it has to be; my first goal was for him fold, but he was also aggressive in going All In with me; he had nothing yet to only bind a Queen or a king, but I had a pair of 9, I had the advantage as I supposed but he linked and won.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the pot there were 5000, you had 4700, it's an easy call here by Martin. :rolleyes: why do u cry:D :p

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you had shoved preflop 99 with less than 10BB I'd be ok with your line.

I don't like BBs preflop call much with K9s suited, nor the flop x/call either for a gushot.

Try not to be results-oriented in this spot.

You're value-donkbetting into an overcard board not really knowing where you are out of position.

Against BBs preflop calling range you're not getting many callers of villians you beat here.
This time you did but BB should't have been in that hand preflop and only had slim chances vs your perceived range (unless you got caught trying to steal blinds with crap).

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was certainly well played I would have done pre-flop shove but I think your movements and reading was correct just bad luck

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's been said already- but reinforcing what's been noted, we have relatively 12bbs here...its an easy shove preflop. Our opponent probably calls and things runout anyways but we are a 70% favorite in this spot preflop and will gladly take it!

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It was a good hand of good analysis from several points of view, I think that if I had gone with all preflop it could be that my only opponent had also folded since everyone had folded; but I wanted to take a few more chips from my opponent with a raise. Although on the flop there was an overcard against me. I had the reading that my opponent made the call to take my chips with any hand. And it was really like that because on the flop I had a higher percentage of victory with my cards vs. his. There I had a double pair and He still nothin.
This is how poker is observing the movements of your opponents and depending on your cards and the board act accordingly.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With his smaller stack, the range is smaller and more aggressive, the larger the stack, the larger the range, for this game the villain has 4 Q outs. + 50% of the stacks in play, risked missing two cards.

But this is game, unexpected things happen, keep playing because your way is right.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recommend a shove preflop with the 99 if your intention is to donk-bet your stack on any board. With 12bb are you ever putting in 1/3 of your stack preflop and then folding?
  • If no, then get it all-in preflop and let the poker luck do what it will.
  • If yes, then check the bad flop and preserve your tournament life! :)
As played, I would expect Villain to call your flop bet as he only needs to win ~32% of the time to call profitably. He can catch any K, Q, or J for the best hand - which means if he call and is behind he has ~40% to improve by the river. This time, Villain got there :(

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You did right thing, your opponent is really loose kind of player, even if you’re all in pre flop, he will call, so nothing you can do about it. Good play, bad luck.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pointless raise pre

just shove your ~11bb blind vs blind