$Freeroll NLHE MTT Turbo: I have AA face all in flop

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all. First hand in CardsChat pokerstars social media freeroll. I’m under the gun with pocket aces. Raise to 3xBB. Folded around to BB who called. Flop comes 567 rainbow. He moves all in. What should I do?

I debated and decided to fold. He could have 89 or two of 567 suited and hit two pair. Or he could have had an over pair like me. Normally a big bet like that is a bluff but I find in freerolls people do that with th nuts knowing they often get called.

Wish I could say I ended up running deep but I busted a couple of rounds later trips over trips.

What would you have done?

Thanks.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im no expert. What worries me is that so many times someone is shoving with just A7 here in first freeroll hands. Its always tough folding Aces but generally with that course of action and that flop, calling the shove is a good idea only if you know your opponent is a fish that will shove with something as top pair here, cause thats the only hand you are having beat. To be honest, in a freeroll, and in the first hands, I would call expecting to flip with a 78 type of hand most of the times.

There was a thread the last days, asking when would members ever fold aces on the flop. Most members answered that they would fold aces only in your situation. A shove on an open-ended straight draw flop.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's a freeroll and I would never fold aces here. First of all good player would never go allin in this situation. So it means he is a bad player. 2nd thing is that of course he can have hands like 78,hit a straight or two pairs but as it's a freeroll and I know people are crazy then it wouldn't surprise me if he would go allin with something like K5o lol. That's a reason why vs all fish range I would never fold aces in a freeroll game. Flop is not nice, but still you beat a lot of fish's range and I'm pretty sure you are ahead. Of course you are not a huge favourite here but still.. it's a freeroll, people make crazy things like pushing A7o, K7o, TT, K6 etc. And if you will be out then don't worry. You didn't invest anything, because it's a freeroll game. You will have a chance next time. Freerolls are hard to beat because they have bigger field and people don't care about their stack because they didn't spend even a dollar to play this game. That's why I call here with aces and I hope I will have a good start at the beggining of the tourney.

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty much echo Misaki. It's a freeroll, shove it. You've lost nothing if you go out, and you double up more often than not in this spot considering what an average freeroll opponent is shoving, giving you a nice platform to build on in the freeroll.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for responses. Yeah, I guess I was probably overthinking it and psyching myself out of the pot. This is why I find freerolls frustrating. Knowing how these people often play early in the tournament, I will often go all in with the nuts knowing that someone will call it, so I guess I figured he might be doing the same. But you’re right, most times he would probably have top pair or smaller over pair or absolutely nothing.

Thanks.

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's a freeroll and I would never fold aces here. First of all good player would never go allin in this situation. So it means he is a bad player. 2nd thing is that of course he can have hands like 78,hit a straight or two pairs but as it's a freeroll and I know people are crazy then it wouldn't surprise me if he would go allin with something like K5o lol. That's a reason why vs all fish range I would never fold aces in a freeroll game. Flop is not nice, but still you beat a lot of fish's range and I'm pretty sure you are ahead. Of course you are not a huge favourite here but still.. it's a freeroll, people make crazy things like pushing A7o, K7o, TT, K6 etc. And if you will be out then don't worry. You didn't invest anything, because it's a freeroll game. You will have a chance next time. Freerolls are hard to beat because they have bigger field and people don't care about their stack because they didn't spend even a dollar to play this game. That's why I call here with aces and I hope I will have a good start at the beggining of the tourney.
I agree with you. In a freeroll any fish will go all in if the even nicked the flop. Remember to him it's a free roll too

B

bark9188

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A couple things to note here:

1) The range that you still beat here is pretty large since, as already specified, this is a freeroll tourney and top pair/draws are shoving here frequently.

2) That said, this being a freeroll should only change your perception of your opponents. You should not be altering your perspective since it "is only a freeroll and you didn't invest anything." Taking that approach will not help make you a better player.

W

WSOP_n_2020

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A couple things to note here:

1) The range that you still beat here is pretty large since, as already specified, this is a freeroll tourney and top pair/draws are shoving here frequently.

2) That said, this being a freeroll should only change your perception of your opponents. You should not be altering your perspective since it "is only a freeroll and you didn't invest anything." Taking that approach will not help make you a better player.

I absolutely agree with both statements. My "investment" was time played at the table. My "gain" is skill and experience. I would have folded as well. You don't get to see the next hand if your out of chips. I use freerolls to better my play at bigger events. Makes taking bad beats easier, and it gains me invaluable skill and patience.

That's my 2 cents. :D:rolleyes:

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a math problem. I am not sure how many BB the social media free rolls start with but lets say 200. Basically There is 6.5 BB in the pot before he move all in for 197 more. You have to call 197 to win 400.5 BB so you need to be right 49% of the time.

X

xbursonicx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Normally a big bet like that is a bluff but I find in freerolls people do that with th nuts knowing they often get called.

Generally that's true. But, for one thing, there is a big amount of crazy aggressive players (curiously, many of them are from brazil) who bet big whenever they have any connection with flop. For another thing, as you correctly mentioned, it could be a bluff (or semi-bluff). This means that there was a pretty good chance that you got a better hand. So whereas fold wasn't exactly bad it'd better to just shove.

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all. First hand in CardsChat PokerStars social media freeroll. I’m under the gun with pocket aces. Raise to 3xBB. Folded around to BB who called. Flop comes 567 rainbow. He moves all in. What should I do?

I debated and decided to fold. He could have 89 or two of 567 suited and hit two pair. Or he could have had an over pair like me. Normally a big bet like that is a bluff but I find in freerolls people do that with th nuts knowing they often get called.

Wish I could say I ended up running deep but I busted a couple of rounds later trips over trips.

What would you have done?

Thanks.
Most of the time in these freerolls this is just a guy going nuts with a seven or an over pair. Plus its a freeroll if you lose you just start another one.