Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I was at the table. Nest-of is pretty loose player, well knowledge by his crazy calls, like this one
I think if you had shove preflop he would pay you anyway, gl next time

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When he kindly reopen the betting for you with that undersized 3-bet, its literally a gift, and you have to get it in. He would probably have called, and the outcome would have been the same. But results does not matter. Nor does it matter, how other people play. All, that matter, is, that you play well, and in this hand you made a mistake preflop.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly, that was an absolute terrible play on the flop by the villain there. Makes no sense and he gets paid off. That's just a tough one to see.

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When he kindly reopen the betting for you with that undersized 3-bet, its literally a gift, and you have to get it in. He would probably have called, and the outcome would have been the same. But results does not matter. Nor does it matter, how other people play. All, that matter, is, that you play well, and in this hand you made a mistake preflop.

I disagree, I knew we are going to heads-up, so It was a trap. I stay out of position with my quite big range. His 3-bet showed me he is a weak player, even if he has TT+ probably would make a c-bet and there it is. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, but second scenerio doesn't work with better hand like KJs without future

Last edited:
Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I disagree, I knew we are going to heads-up, so It was a trap. I stay out of position with my quite big range. His 3-bet showed me he is a weak player, even if he has TT+ probably would make a c-bet and there it is. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, but second scenerio doesn't work with better hand like KJs without future

in freerolls you don't want to trap. If recreational player shows some aggresion you want to use it now. Don't slowplay, don't trap, especially oop. You want his chips as fast as possible.
What if some recrecational guy play this way TT and he will just fold on some KJ5 board? You won't win maximum because he would probably go allin preflop with that hand. Just get maximum value preflop and simplify your decisions at recreational field.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The mistake here is not getting it all in preflop - the runout is what it is and that's pretty much all that can be said. We start the hand with roughly 20BB - so I like the preflop open size because anything above 15bb is probably a bit large to be open shoving - when we get clicked back there is no need to be cute and just call here - any of their strong hands are calling us off anyways while their weaker hands will be folding to our flop raise anyway. When we get clicked back - just shove and get it all in preflop - the rest will simply be what it will be.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly, that was an absolute terrible play on the flop by the villain there. Makes no sense and he gets paid off. That's just a tough one to see.

His preflop play was almost worse. KJs is just a simple fold, when someone has opened UTG, and even more so, when stacks are short, since this reduce the importance of position and dont leave room to make some fancy play, like he tried. On the flop he was at least trying to take it home, and when Hero then jam on him, he apparently felt committed to the pot. I think, its a fold with just K high and some backdoor draws. But to be fair running into AA was one of the worst scenarios for him, and because of Heros slowplay he probably did not put him on anything that strong.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

This is not the worst slowplay in the world, because after all postflop will be very easy with AA and such short stacks. But I dont think, slowplaying generate more mistakes from a recreational opponent than fastplaying. He is going to call preflop with a wide range, and even if he fold, its not the end of the world. You increase your stack almost 30% with no risk, which is not a bad result. Even aces can be cracked, as this hand illustrate.

I also like to jam here with aces and any other strong hand, because I frankly want to shut him down. Most of the time I will have a hand like KJs, and then its really annoying to get mini 3-bet. I have to call, because its so cheap, but I will miss the flop 2/3 of the time and then often get outplayed, because I am out of position. This is exactly, what he want, and why he make that mini 3-bet. And the best way to fight back against it is to 4-bet as wide as humanly possible.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's time to create a theme called "best bad bits of cardschat" xDDD
I think he called because he thinking K is a good runout.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with fundiver, after min 3bet, 4bet all in is must do. Maybe he call, maybe he don’t , but he wouldn’t be committed to the pot, and maybe he wouldn’t pay 4 bet