$Freeroll NLHE MTT Turbo: first phase of a multi-table tournament

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in the first phase of a multi-table tournament, i try to play very tight. In Preflop, i have QQ in cutoff and all limp to me, i raise, the button go allin, and i dont know what to do (we have the same stack) then i fold .
was the correct way to do? what do u think?:confused:

TimovieMan

TimovieMan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a freeroll tournament, there's always players that shove almost any two cards, hoping to double up. They usually don't stop doing that, so they bust pretty fast, even if they get up to chip leader.

You have QQ, you're only behind KK and AA, and you're a flip vs AK. You're ahead of everything else. Snap-call.

Early in a freeroll, he could have anything.

F

Foldemz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Typically you wouldn't want to play for your entire stack in the early stages of a tournament. Even when you have a monster starting hand you should be keeping pots relatively small. Risking your tournament life to win someones 10,000 chip starting stack isn't ideal.

However, freerolls are a different breed of poker. No one risked any money to get in so often times they want to try to establish a big stack quickly. You're way ahead of the range of hands most freeroll players are shoving in the first blind level. This is a snap call.

danndourado

danndourado

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bro, every tournment we have to play tight on begining, but LOT of players try to double or triple with small pairs or AJ+ in freerolls, so you're being so BIG ahead these players. Maybe in late game you should fold QQ versus some TAG players, but not in freerolls on early stages! Good luck! :)