$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Top pair, no draws, did I bet too much?

Flayst

Flayst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand Information
Blinds - 100/200
Table Information
Seat: 1 Player 1 ($2053) Small Blind
Seat: 2 Hero ($5641) Big Blind
Seat: 3 Player 3 ($2981)
Seat: 4 Player 4 ($695)
Seat: 5 Player 5 ($3705)
Seat: 6 Player 6 ($8406)
Seat: 7 Player 7 ($4742)
Seat: 8 Player 8 ($5383)
Seat: 9 Player 9 ($675)
Seat: 10 Player 10 ($3212) Dealer
Dealt to Hero
QC.png
KH.png

Preflop (Pot:300)
Player 3****FOLD
Player 4****FOLD
Player 5****CALL $200
Player 6****FOLD
Player 7****FOLD
Player 8****CALL $200
Player 9****FOLD
Player 10****FOLD
Player 1****CALL $100
Hero****RAISE $600
Player 5****CALL $400
Player 8****CALL $400
Player 1****FOLD

Flop(Pot: $2200)
KD.png
7H.png
9C.png

Hero****BET $750
Player 5****FOLD
Player 8****FOLD
Hero****RETURN $2
Showdown:
Hero MUCKS

Hero**wins the pot: $2950

Being a freeroll, most players ranges are pretty close to ATC. With no real draws (possible straight, but unlikely) on the board, should my bet have been smaller to try to get called? I can't really answer myself when I ask myself what I would have done if I got re-raised.

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It is hard to answer this without knowing anything about the other players, but I suggest the following.

I would not have C bet in this situation as you may have well been behind, although there was not much action pre-flop so the chances that someone was holding AK is pretty remote. Perhaps one of your opponents, or even both of them, were holding Ace - rag? I suggest in this situation wait until the turn card and give the impression that that helped you.

In a freeroll against players you don't know anything about sometimes you have to play unusually, (sorry spelling is crap), You may have caught one of them out? Anyway give it a try next time and let me know what happens, sometimes it has worked for me. Gl in the future....................:D:D:D

Flayst

Flayst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My worry was more about being re-raised by a set of 7's. I had pretty much ruled out AK almost certainly. I like the check that I think you are suggesting. Thanks!

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, you are betting 1/3 of the pot, maybe you could do it a little bigger but never smaller

C

Caissa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, you are betting 1/3 of the pot, maybe you could do it a little bigger but never smaller

I agree. Being out of position with top pair you want to end the hand as soon as possible. If an A (or a 7 or a 9 or even an 8) came on the turn you would be looking at a whole new set of problems.

Flayst

Flayst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So just be grateful for the preflop calls, and be happy that I might be grabbing an uncontested pot?

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it fine game, againt 2 player in flop, some one can call with Kx or draw ( T8 , JT, 65, also in freroll many players can call with second pair )

Only change sizing, preflop raise only 2bb...

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think here, I just call preflop, and would play post-flop when the flop open this flop, I knew that it was unlikely that someone had something better than me, would make the continuation bet would be safer but one check also flop would not be a crime.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ohh , hero BB , preflop check or raise 3bb its fine game!!!

P

pokernut92poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think i would have been happy to take this pot and not see any one run you down...pre flop raise is a question here but not post flop in my opinion!!

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think here, I just call preflop, and would play post-flop when the flop open this flop, I knew that it was unlikely that someone had something better than me, would make the continuation bet would be safer but one check also flop would not be a crime.
I think here, I just (((check)))) pre-flop, and would play post-flop when the flop open this flop, I knew it was unlikely that anyone had something better than me, would make the continuation bet would be safer, but a scan flop would not be a crime. [/ Quote] CORRECTING

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ohh , hero BB , preflop check or raise 3bb its fine game!!!
At first I thought it fair to an increase here pre flop, but then I thought, he's closing the açao at least in pre flop, for to put more chips on a KQo, in my view the correct play here would check. But tell me why you think the increase was a good option?

suvorov17

suvorov17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there's a call pre plop in early position and bet 1/2 or pot in flop to protect our hand from the draw