$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Too Agressive vs other big state in Blind late in tourney

R

rlzaleski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So this hand was about 15 of 700 or something like that in a Full Flush daily freeroll. I feel like I have a leak in this in general. I was about second in chips here, maybe 3rd, but I had the lead before the blind came around. The Villan wasn't crazy out of control, but he had opened up and people had been playing super tight, so I didn't have him on much. Also I was playing enough hands aggressively that I was worried about getting reshoved because people thought I was playing light. I did catch quite a few hands leading up to this.

ICM wise things bump again when another 5 people drop and we hit 10 players, then it goes up just about every player.

So here's the hand. Reading it a few hours later I'm not happy how I played it. But I'm still curious what others have to say.

Full Flush Poker Tournament Hold'em $5,000.00/$10,000.00
Table '4930821-35' 10-Max, Seat #4 is the button
Seat BB + 1: Villan (15.5 BBs)
Seat 4: hero (15.3 BBs) - The button
Seat 5: SB (11.4 BBs) - Small Blind
Seat 9: BB (7.5 BBs)
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to hero [Ks Qs]
villan: calls BB
hero: calls BB
SB: calls 0.5 BB
*** FLOP *** [Js 2c Kh]
villan: bets 1 BB
hero: calls 1 BB
*** TURN *** [Js 2c Kh][7c]
villan: bets 1 BB
hero: raises to 2 BB
villan: calls 1 BB
*** RIVER *** [Js 2c Kh 7c][4c]
villan: bets 11.4 BB

R

rlzaleski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
really KQ is good enough for that? Think we were 7 handed at this point?

I guess part of my problem is that I haven't played a lot of short handed in tournaments.... just another thing I'll have to learn.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just shove it preflop, with your size stack can be difficult postflop.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just jam it in preflop. don't like raise/jamming flop cos we might not be first to act and they might jam the flop on us, so save yourself that possibility and jam it in now while we have a +EV situation.