$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Three of kind AAs vs wet board

A

atcj13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 1
I recommend treating min bets in these situations the same as you would a check. Bet as you normally would. Even with top set there are plenty of hands that can call a bet. On the turn you should definitely be betting much bigger. There are now a bunch of hands that pick up more outs. As played I think folding on the river makes sense. I don't think people are doing this frequently enough as a bluff.

Hand 2
Against an UTG raise you should be folding this hand preflop. You are often dominated and will have the play the rest of the hand out of position.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1: Pre flop play is good and standard. On the flop I think you should be raising not because you hit a monster but because one of your two opponents (especially SB) could have an Ax hand even though there is only one left in the deck. The big blind will be calling with any two cards because of odds but the small blind has something here which would include Ax hands. I like raising for value on that aspect alone plus whenever I face a bet that is a minimum bet for that betting round I treat it like the player checked. Therefore, if this was checked to me I would still be betting something here (maybe 1/3 to 45% of pot) to start to build the pot. On the turn as played you need to betting way more than 200. It is giving both opponents good odds to draw. You should be betting here something more along the lines of half pot again to start to build the pot and get value from your strong holding. As far as your main question goes which is the river, I think this is a very player dependent spot. The overbet to me always screams polarized meaning he has nuts here or he is bluffing big time. If you knew the player well and knew he could bluff or seen him do something like this before it is a call. If I knew nothing about the player I think I would be folding with the given stack sizes.

Hand2: I don’t think there is much to say about this hand other than you should be folding this hand against any raise larger than 2.5BB unless it is a button open. UTG range here with that large of a raise has you beat very often. Try to think of hand UTG would be doing this with (unless you have a specific read on villain) that you beat. I don’t think they are raising this large UTG with A8 and lower. You might see some people depending on the buy in size of the tourney do this with 55-88 but you are still behind those hands just only slightly. Being OOP against what is almost always a better hand this is a fold pre. As played, once you make the pre flop call and hit two pair you should not be folding and played it right to get it in.

C

Coinuss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1
I recommend treating min bets in these situations the same as you would a check. Bet as you normally would. Even with top set there are plenty of hands that can call a bet. On the turn you should definitely be betting much bigger. There are now a bunch of hands that pick up more outs. As played I think folding on the river makes sense. I don't think people are doing this frequently enough as a bluff.

Hand 2
Against an UTG raise you should be folding this hand preflop. You are often dominated and will have the play the rest of the hand out of position.

Hand 1
I think that the flop did not help anyone align the 2-bet on the flop, and A is a scary card. I call the turn to give him the opportunity to bluff on the river. But the river is the worst card I want to see.
Hand 2
I watched this guy and he opened wide from UTG, like Kx from UTG. My plan was to call the flop without A and call the flop with A, but with two pairs I bet him QT, JT, KQ, and I really understand that he might have AK here.
Thanks I'll fold in the situation like hand 2.

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 1
It should be all-in pre-flop or flop at least to get rid of the chance for the other player. Therefore, it´s a right fall.
I´d the similar situation. I (BTN) made a 4bb with KK & Hero player called. The flop had 5h,4c,7h. Hero betted $1000 & I called. The turn had 6d. Hero made $2000. I folded...

Hand 2
It´s just a luck. I also would make all-in to win.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello,
First hand: In freeroll tournament and some micro tournaments for real money about buy in 1$ I recommend raise pre flop for 3x. 3x is standard in my game on many micro limit tournaments. In freeroll tournament many players likes see the flop with many weak hands. So with AA we have two opponents in this situation and slow play on the flop isn't a big mistake, because board seems to be very safe for set of AAA. I agree with guys that on the turn we should bet more than 200, at least 50% of the pot, because open some draws to straight. I agree with hero that on the river came up bad card, because of possible straight. Some hands 8x are possible in opponents's range. I agree with atcj13 that fold on the river makes sense, especially to this overbet.

Second hand: I fold most of Ax off suit from the small blind against raise from utg, especially in real money tournament. As played - I play like hero. I think that hero play good this hand with two pair on the flop, but it was unlucky.

I hope that I a little help you, GL :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am pretty much in line with, what most people have said already:

Hand 1
You can raise a little larger pre with this stack size and especially in a freeroll. More important though is your slowplay on the flop and turn. It is a very common mistake to slowplay a set of aces, and often people do it, because they put to much weight on the fact, they block top pair.

But while this is true, that you block top pair, that does not mean, that a slowplay is the best line. People will call with a lot of other hands than just top pair especially in a freeroll. Second pair, third pair, the OESD, gutshots. And if they fold a gutshot, that is fine as well, because then you protect your hand, which is especially important in a multiway pot.

Facing the silly donk bet of 100 chips on the flop, which I call a fish bet, I would make it 500 to go, and if BB call, then I would put him all in on the turn. As played you need to put in a healthy turn bet of around 700 chips, because now the board is getting very dangerous with a lot of straight potential.

As played folding the river is fine. Any random 8X beat you now, and you are facing an overbet. The way to beat the micros and even more so freerolls is not to be the table sherif and hope to catch someone overbet bluffing in a spot, where they can easily have value. He has that 8 here most of the time, and if not then nice bluff by him.

Hand 2
Fold pre. As played you got it in good but ran bad, so not much to analyse postflop.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the first hand the pre-flop raise was very low for me and on the turn I would have raised BB bet, although the river is a terrible card it would not have folded.

in the second hand although you're oop I think you played well it was just bad luck

Dkerridge14

Dkerridge14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/424CODKna
Don't slowplay AAs.:( What do you think is it right fold?

Finish hand in that tourney. There are a lot of draws on the flop, and I want Ax and Kx to pay dearly.
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/424COKI5M

Should definitely be barrelling around 1/2 pot on flop with the AA, looking to get stacks in. Plus it protects your hands from them stupid draws. You’re giving way to much leeway for villains to call down and start firing when they hit and if they do hit. Not a chance will you be folding the turn. River however I think you could very well efficiently bluff catch at some frequency. They could be betting 2 pair type hands quite often

C

Coinuss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you guys.
Perhaps, example of second hand is really my bad habit. But when UTG raise, we often know the range of his hands, we have more than 100 bb, and I think that if I play carefully, this hand will end cheaply. I don’t know if I believed in a flush on the river or not.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you guys.
Perhaps, example of second hand is really my bad habit. But when UTG raise, we often know the range of his hands, we have more than 100 bb, and I think that if I play carefully, this hand will end cheaply.

You are basically saying, that even though you are not getting the right price to call based on equity, you are out of position and without initiative, none of this matter, because you are such a great poker player, that you are going to massively outplay him after the flop. This is something, you probably need to rethink, if you want to have long term success in this game.

R

ramignis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in the first hand, it was on the river that you played correctly. another thing is that the turn should have been played more aggressively since there was already a draw on the Board.

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any slow play put us in the dangerous situation. It need to throw away appetence.

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1 Turn Here I would put more from 50-75% and then, by its action, a certain conclusion could be made.
Hand2 2 pairs the hand is good, but on the UTG the range of 3 beta is narrow and immediately putting allin is risky.

C

Coinuss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are basically saying, that even though you are not getting the right price to call based on equity, you are out of position and without initiative, none of this matter, because you are such a great poker player, that you are going to massively outplay him after the flop. This is something, you probably need to rethink, if you want to have long term success in this game.
Thank. I am going to use the solver to think about the situation like a second hand.