$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Should I have folded?

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really player dependent. Though usually for free rolls, if someone is degen enough to open jam almost 40bb you're rarely in bad shape with AQ vs their range (as we see the ATo jam here).

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This all depends on what you know about villain, if you know their stats, tendencies, are they tilted, etc. I think in a vacuum of no information its a fold only because you will be going against more pocket pairs (flip but still a little behind) and AK then you will be the Ax, Kx and pure junk hands. That said this is a freeroll and people do this stuff often, especially early in a freeroll. Unless you know the villain is tight I dont think it is terrible here to call given the type of tournament we are in. However, I would be thinking about what I know and try to convince myself to call instead of thinking about what I know to convince myself to fold. Not sure if that makes sense but I am trying to say my default in this spot would be to fold and there would have to be good information available to me to get me to call. Many players are the opposite in this spot and try to look for information to get them off their default call (meaning they will call more often than they should).

Folding in Poker