$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Should i call and let the villain keep betting?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Vilain Limp in the Buton,i made a ROL in the bb an vilain donk 1/3 pot, i had 2 pair so i raise all in,it was a good muve? or should i call and leave him keap donking?
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/6qeUpc0

Thank U 4 Posting.

You have them crushed let them bet or if this is a buy one more card type of player small raise them to 600.

Anything but ship it.

Hope this helps
:):)

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
X/raising all in on the flop is super strong and only getting called by top tier aces - which they shouldnt have because they limped preflop - and other 2 or combos, T4 or A4 and we block both of those combos so when we check raise this flop we are generally only getting called by hands that our opponent should not have. I am always cbetting this board around 1/3 pot, if they call and fold later streets I got value now - as played you allow them to min bet, set their own price, and fold the flop when we shove.

So I think two lines can be applied here - we either cbet flop small and go from there or we check/call flop and most all turns looking to get our opponent to bluff it off. Personally if I am isolating preflop by raising - I am cbetting flop so I dont deviate from normal strategy

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When some people probe bet, and I have two pairs or better, I usually like to keep them in the pot, and get max value. But you’re line is fine to. If he had hand like KQ or QJ he will probably call your raise.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When some people probe bet, and I have two pairs or better, I usually like to keep them in the pot, and get max value. But you’re line is fine to. If he had hand like KQ or QJ he will probably call your raise.

Those hands could call a raise but not a shove

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you had to give value to that hand and keep your opponent in it, it seemed a bad bet to check / raise with all your stack you could simply get more of that hand

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Vilain Limp in the Buton,i made a ROL in the bb an vilain donk 1/3 pot, i had 2 pair so i raise all in,it was a good muve? or should i call and leave him keap donking?
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/6qeUpc0

Hi there freddydr87! Thank you for sharing your hands with the CardsChat community. This is a very nice hand, congratulations!

Preflop action:

It is awesome when we see some limper in position and we have a decent range for raising or even 3betting light BB x BTN, because, in the long run, we are going to make a lot of blinds preflop which is paramount for tournament survival. And, of course, there are the antes, which turns our raises of BB x SB, BB x BTN and sometimes BB x CO even more profitable. Thus, your hand is a very good example, thank you for sharing it.
I like your sizing preflop too, because when you raise small, players will have odds+position for calling, and we know how often limpers use to call preflop raisors (60-70% times/range).

Flop

IMO both checking and betting are correct lines. Although I believe that checking might induce some bluffs from the BTN. But the line is similar, we are just checking flop to either check-raise or check-call.
Now, given the preflop action, we are going to have in our range all the AA, TT and 33, and Villain Button will have none of these (it called our 3bet IP, otherwise it would be 4betting or even jamming, at least AA and TT). If we bet AA, TT and 33 here 100% of times we are not giving V the chance of bluffing us. (As I said, both lines seems correct to me, check-raise and check-call).
Yes, when we 3bet we also have all the AT and A3 that could be doing it in a situation of BB 3bet vs BTN. On the other side, V can have , KJ, KT, QJ, QT, AK, AQ, AJ, A9, Ax, 54, any pair, etc.
When we bet too much in the flop we are making a decent part of V's range fold with all of its bluffs included. The same goes for when we check-raise JAM the flop, knowing that we have all the strong value combos and villain has only draws and weaker hands. Remember, we have all the AA, TT, 33, A3 and AT, so our range is simply crushing this flop.
I would advocate for a mini-raise for its donk, making the V believe that we have just an weak ace, or a Tx, etc. The call is not the worse thing in the world, but it gives a lot of excelent odds to V to realize its equity for free in the turn, or at a very cheap price and see the river again, for a fair price, or have odds to float us out of position with some semi-bluffs and put us in a very awkward spot.
I like the check-raise, I would only do smaller size. :D Well played!

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call this donk lead here, although I think a small raise is superior. Check/raising all in is too aggressive - we don't want to fold out the Ax that we're hoping to call with. A lot of players will slow down with a baby ace on the turn and river .. it's tough to get paid in these spots ..

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
If you are going to isolate a limper out of position, you need to make it bigger than 3BB. You are giving him awesome pot odds AND position, so this is like saying "hey Villain would you like to get an easy pot against me". He only started with 16BB, so honestly I would just put him all in and be done. There is almost 3,5BB in the pot already, and taking that home uncontested with ATo is a great result. It also discourage future limping on BTN or in SB with trash hands.

Flop
As played I would C-bet small. With stacks this shallow there is no need to go for a check-raise, since its extremely easy to get the chips in with 3 or even 2 bets. As played, when he put out that feeler bet, which by the way is not a donk bet, since he is in position, I would certainly check-raise. But I would make it small to induce him to come along or even ship it in himself. You can go to like 1.000 chips and then put the rest in on the turn.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop
If you are going to isolate a limper out of position, you need to make it bigger than 3BB. You are giving him awesome pot odds AND position, so this is like saying "hey Villain would you like to get an easy pot against me". He only started with 16BB, so honestly I would just put him all in and be done.

Man I cant believe I forgot to mention this - I agree 100%. Perfect spot for the "squeeze" preflop. This is a vital tool and should be incorporated into our game. When we shove here with all of our strong Ax hands and pocket pairs, we get our opponents to call us off with worse a ton of the time. A7s limps preflop, we jam AT and they call we are in great shape to win this spot and get the max! The problem when we dont shove our big pairs here - even AA and KK - we allow our opponents to see a flop with AK or AQ and the flop comes down 578 rainbow - well a disciplined AK/AQ will just fold on the flop and there goes all of our value. Same goes for small pairs like 55 or 66 - limp call a raise - flop comes down TJA and we've just lost our opponent to any flop bets where they may be willing to get it all in preflop.

Point is if we RIP it all in preflop, most every ace from AT+, KQs, some KJ and smaller pairs are probably calling us off and we are in great shape to win their whole stack instead of 3-4bb of it.

Anyhow, I love this case for jamming pre when our opponent is so short - there are some value hands they just cannot be folding in this spot preflop whereas they can easily fold after the flop and we only win a portion of their stack rather than all of it!

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it was a simple trial bid. I'm not a supporter of free maps, so I think you're right. I don't think it will bet on the turn, but it will reset any of your activity.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars