Chips
9 Handed ACR $10 Freeroll

200/400/50

CO 18 BB 7,284
BTN 24 BB 9,671
SB 43 BB 17,359 (Hero)
BB 60 BB 24,367

Action folds to CO, who limps in. Button folds

I have been working on my SB play and in situations where the HJ, CO or BTN limps, I want to raise or fold, not call as it has been a leak in my play.
I look down at :kc4: :jc4:, I will be raising here, but how much? I need to be able to avoid a clash with the BB that has me covered, but want to be able to isolate the CO if he decides to limp shove all in with what would be very small to mid pocket pair heavy range wise with that line.

I raise to 5 BB (2,050). BB calls, CO calls.

Pot is 6,600
SB 15,259
BB 22,267
CO 5,184

FLOP
:3s4: :3c4: :2c4:

Action is on you, what do you do?

Would you play pre flop different?

W

wilywiles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like a legitimate play. You put the cut off in for half his stack, which means essentially hes going all-in if hes decides to look up your bet. however, he didn't but he is not the threat anymore. now you have found-your self pot committed with a marginal hand on a good draw. With a king a jack, or 7 other clubs (not including the kj) you have 13 outs. But thats considering that both players potentially have your outs and could have your king dominated, I don't recommend betting the flop. I know a coninuation bet may be the most tempting thing to do, and pretty standard to protect your preflop bet, but getting raised would force you to a) gamble for all your chips or b) having to let go of a rather large pot. And remember, especially with your stack, KJ is not a premium hand. You are out of position as well. Aggression is good in small doses. You dont want to play aggressively everytime you get a hand in your range because we often fail to realize that although aggression might have built our stacks, you can't win in poker without hitting the cards so don't get too much of your stack involved in pots where you could've lost a smaller one.
Overall, its not a bad idea to take the pot down. The only reason I would recommend slowing down is because now you have the chip leader in the hand with you and one wrong move with that guy in the pot is in the end of your tournament.

S

ssbn743

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
9 Handed ACR $10 Freeroll

200/400/50

CO 18 BB 7,284
BTN 24 BB 9,671
SB 43 BB 17,359 (Hero)
BB 60 BB 24,367

Action folds to CO, who limps in. Button folds

I have been working on my SB play and in situations where the HJ, CO or BTN limps, I want to raise or fold, not call as it has been a leak in my play.
I look down at :kc4: :jc4:, I will be raising here, but how much? I need to be able to avoid a clash with the BB that has me covered, but want to be able to isolate the CO if he decides to limp shove all in with what would be very small to mid pocket pair heavy range wise with that line.

I raise to 5 BB (2,050). BB calls, CO calls.

Pot is 6,600
SB 15,259
BB 22,267
CO 5,184

FLOP
:3s4: :3c4: :2c4:

Action is on you, what do you do?

Would you play pre flop different?

I'm fine with your PF sizing and raise - As a default, I'd probably go more like $1800, but would considered sizes up to about $2500 to be just fine; and I would most definitely go larger if I thought the CO, or one of the blinds, would call.

OTF, the stack sizes make this a little tricky.

First off, this is an excellent flop for your hand, and an even worse flop for your opponents' ranges. The only hands you're really worried about are over pairs - of which there are plenty, but actually, the minority of their overall ranges. Additionally, we can throw lots of PP combos out here as he almost certainly open raises 88+ from the CO.

So, IMO, this depends entirely on the particular game you're in. Do you have a tight image? Are the villains decent players (with the CO limp, I'm going to default to no)? Does one or both of the villains like to bet to air? These are the kinds of questions you need answers to; their ranges are transparent; you need to know what they are likely to do on this flop - we really do not want them checking behind.

We could C/R all-in if you think one will bet - I think that line has a lot of merit in this game with these stack sizes and players.

We could just move all-in OTF - also a very strong line that turns the pressure to maximum and makes an all-in call off with 66 difficult.

I think I prefer the second line. We already got a decent amount of value from our pre-flop raise size. We crush the majority of each players range, there is little they could have on this board, and if called, we have a butt-ton of equity against the hands that make the call; neither player ever has three.

I jam OTF.

1dkp0k3r

1dkp0k3r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm fine with your PF sizing and raise - As a default, I'd probably go more like $1800, but would considered sizes up to about $2500 to be just fine; and I would most definitely go larger if I thought the CO, or one of the blinds, would call.

OTF, the stack sizes make this a little tricky.

First off, this is an excellent flop for your hand, and an even worse flop for your opponents' ranges. The only hands you're really worried about are over pairs - of which there are plenty, but actually, the minority of their overall ranges. Additionally, we can throw lots of PP combos out here as he almost certainly open raises 88+ from the CO.

So, IMO, this depends entirely on the particular game you're in. Do you have a tight image? Are the villains decent players (with the CO limp, I'm going to default to no)? Does one or both of the villains like to bet to air? These are the kinds of questions you need answers to; their ranges are transparent; you need to know what they are likely to do on this flop - we really do not want them checking behind.

We could C/R all-in if you think one will bet - I think that line has a lot of merit in this game with these stack sizes and players.

We could just move all-in OTF - also a very strong line that turns the pressure to maximum and makes an all-in call off with 66 difficult.

I think I prefer the second line. We already got a decent amount of value from our pre-flop raise size. We crush the majority of each players range, there is little they could have on this board, and if called, we have a butt-ton of equity against the hands that make the call; neither player ever has three.

I jam OTF.

All in on the flop is not something that I had considered, I think that I like it.

What I did was bet the flop, 2,500. BB and CO fold