$Freeroll NLHE MTT: SB vs BB at Final Table

BadB420

BadB420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was wondering everybody's thoughts on this play I made! 3 Players we're left at the Final Table with blinds at 750/1500 with antes at 150! The pot was 2700 before UTG was to act!

I was the short stack with 9819 in the bb facing a shove by the sb with a stack of 27014!

I had A4o, the villain knew that if he called or min raised I was going to shove over the top. With that in mind it seemed like he would be shoving a wide range here to get me to fold my bb! So I thought even with A rag their is a good chance im ahead! The villain ended up having k3c and hit a strait on the river but that is beside the point!

In this position would you have called off with A rag if you think you have a good chance of being ahead of your opponent or is that just too much variance to take at the Final table? Would you just lay this down and take your chances with the next few hands?

BearPlay

BearPlay

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey bro, was this at last night's CP FR? I noticed that you were deep as I exited. Great job on the cash, BTW, and welcome to the FC! Nice to see you survive a game without the cowboys kicking your behind.

I'm interested to see the feedback on this as well. Myself, I'm probably pushing any ace in that spot, even as much as I hate Ax. :D

T

tomnovember

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have to call that... Good luck

BadB420

BadB420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey bro, was this at last night's CP FR? I noticed that you were deep as I exited. Great job on the cash, BTW, and welcome to the FC! Nice to see you survive a game without the cowboys kicking your behind.

I'm interested to see the feedback on this as well. Myself, I'm probably pushing any ace in that spot, even as much as I hate Ax. :D
Yup this was in wednesdays CC freeroll and thanks everybody for the responses!

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is almost always a call, it depends a little on payouts and the other stack in play, like if the other stack has like 2k and the pay jump is decent (which it usually is) then it might be a time to fold this, apart from that scenario this is usually a call.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your stack suggests you have to call.

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Since you're the short stack with effectively 5BB this is definitely a call. Villain could be shoving pretty much ATC here since he has you outchipped almost 3:1, and from his perspective K high is a good hand HU against a random holding. TBH I'm getting it in regardless of what the SB does here.

C

CubsnBearz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to call. Blinds are very high and your stack is very short. Ax good enough with three people left, heads up, facing a steal by the big stack.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a snap call and I'd be calling wider than A4o too. A lot comes down to the villain in question but I'm calling here vs nearly everyone unless ICM was a factor which it's not going to be.

B

bnasp2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From my side it would be a call with Q high and any better connectors (like 9t, or even 78s).

So with Ax snap call.

Exception could be super small stack on 3rd player and good pay jump between 2nd and 3rd.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good call!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like your enthusiasm! lots of exclamation points!! nice job cashing!!!

:)