$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Royal Flush - Go All-In on the River or Continued Bet at 1/4 Bank?

strokin07

strokin07

Kindly Gladiator
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Royal Flush - Go All-In on the River or Continued Bet at 1/4 Bank?

Guys, your opinion is very important for me, please look at this distribution of mine, and tell me if I played it correctly in this situation. It seems to me that on the River I was a little hasty going to All-in and I still should have made an continuation bet in the amount of 1/4 of the amount of the bank.In any case, this is only my opinion, and now yours:

a2da4936ff8980211d62d94b96187ddd.gif

Winning Poker, Hold'em No Limit - 100/200 (20 ante) - 8 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

upay31 (UTG): 5,240 (26 bb)
TwinPeaches (UTG+1): 10,083 (50 bb)
63burner (MP): 1,075 (5 bb)
POKERSAVVY (MP+1): 5,470 (27 bb)
zinzir (CO): 4,550 (23 bb)
MootsoBCP (BU): 5,130 (26 bb)
GaryHeart (SB): 1,946 (10 bb)
strokin07 (BB): 5,440 (27 bb)

Pre-Flop: (460) Hero (strokin07) is BB with 4 Q
3 players fold, POKERSAVVY (MP+1) raises to 530, 3 players fold, strokin07 (BB) calls 330

Flop: (1,320) T J 9 (2 players)
strokin07 (BB) checks, POKERSAVVY (MP+1) bets 660, strokin07 (BB) calls 660

Turn: (2,640) A (2 players)
strokin07 (BB) checks, POKERSAVVY (MP+1) bets 1,320, strokin07 (BB) calls 1,320

River: (5,280) K (2 players)
strokin07 (BB) bets 2,910 (all-in), POKERSAVVY (MP+1) folds

Total pot: 5,280
strokin07 (BB) wins 5,280

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
This is a somewhat loose defend. If it was a mini-raise, I would not mind it, but against anything larger, I typically just let this hand go.

Flop
You flopped a combo draw, and unless he has exactly KQ or a better flushdraw, you are now ahead equity wise. I think, your hand is good enough to check-raise, but check-calling is also an ok option.

Turn
You made a flush, but since you just check-called preflop, I would not announce my hand by donk betting into him. Checking is perfect, but when he takes the bait, you need to check-raise and get it in. There are a ton of bad river cards, that can kill your action, you dont want him to check behind, and donk leading the river almost look stronger than check-raising the turn.

River
Since you should already be all in now, the river does not really matter. But as played I would also donk bet all in. He is checking behind almost anything on this board, and there is no point in going for a smaller size with so few chips behind.

strokin07

strokin07

Kindly Gladiator
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Preflop
This is a somewhat loose defend. If it was a mini-raise, I would not mind it, but against anything larger, I typically just let this hand go.

Flop
You flopped a combo draw, and unless he has exactly KQ or a better flushdraw, you are now ahead equity wise. I think, your hand is good enough to check-raise, but check-calling is also an ok option.

Turn
You made a flush, but since you just check-called preflop, I would not announce my hand by donk betting into him. Checking is perfect, but when he takes the bait, you need to check-raise and get it in. There are a ton of bad river cards, that can kill your action, you dont want him to check behind, and donk leading the river almost look stronger than check-raising the turn.

River
Since you should already be all in now, the river does not really matter. But as played I would also donk bet all in. He is checking behind almost anything on this board, and there is no point in going for a smaller size with so few chips behind.

Thanks for the wise and useful advice, my friend, I will certainly take note of it. :top:

Tunkki

Tunkki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with fundiver. In the flop I think check-shove would be the best. You have really good equity versus the range and if you get folds, that's just win for you.

Full Flush Poker