$Freeroll NLHE MTT Rebuy: Should I have called?

I

Index12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hero looks down at AJd with 38k chips and 5k bb UTG+2 5-handed, UTG shoves with 54k. Should I have folded in this spot or was I doomed to bust out?(which is fine by me) It’s late phase with 12-11 players left.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What kind of hand did you put the shover on?
It is not a bad call with stack sizes and blinds.

I

Index12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What kind of hand did you put the shover on?
It is not a bad call with stack sizes and blinds.

I had him on either any aces, pairs, or broadways. V had A8h and he hit and 8 unfortunately :(.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rebuys usally have a fast structure, so 5 handed with <8bb and AJ it's an easy call

I would only fold if there are 12 People left and 11 get Paid with other short stacks around.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Seems marginal for me , I just want to point out that if villain open shoves Ax most likely he had you dominated and we are behind any pocket pair. The fact he is open jamming UTG indicates strength. If he did the same play but in later position like HJ , CO , BTN and you were after him to act then AJ is a snap.The later the position the wider our calling range because we are not afraid for the remaining players to wake up with a monster starting hand.

I used to light calling some same spots and I was losing a lot,

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be truthfully honest here, you're in a freeroll. These tournaments have so much variance and bingo-like moves it's just too hard to gauge. You made the correct call obviously, but it's a bingo and the V hit their hand and you didn't.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree - freeroll it's an easy call - stack sizes it's an easy call - put a note on that guy - shoves light from UTG.