$Freeroll NLHE MTT Rebuy: Re-raise or call when chasing?

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I was dealt KQc on the cutout position. SB and BB call my 3X raise early in a freeroll with everybody near equal chip count.

Flop is 5c, 10d, and Jc.
SB checks. BB raises pot level.

I have open ended straight draw and flush draw. I also have a chance of picking up top pair. I figure myself as about a 55% favorite atm.

Should I call, knowing another pot level bet will come after turn if I miss?
Or should I raise, and if so how much and why?

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was dealt KQc on the cutout position. SB and BB call my 3X raise early in a freeroll with everybody near equal chip count.

Flop is 5c, 10d, and Jc.

I have open ended straight draw and flush draw. I also have a chance of picking up top pair. I figure myself as about a 55% favorite atm.

In my opinion I'd call. See the turn and then figure out my odds and showdown value. I'd also like to see whether opponent barrels again or checks. All this Depends on the turn card. My reason for not raising opponents pot size bet is because he could have a set or two pair. Which will re-raise or jam all in. If he goes all in then you would have to call with great draws but an actual hand of king high. Good luck and thank you for the post.

Good Luck To All:cool:

N

nyeesssss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on stack depth and if you think you have fold equity or not. If vilain is very agressive and you think there are some better hands he can fold once you raize then raizing makes sense , if he only does that with a J or better and will call or all in every time when you raize , then raizing doesnt make sense. But generally speaking against population he is never folding there and there is no need to waste a whole stack unless its a bounty tournament or there are some icm implication that might make him fold.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Flop is 5c, 10d, and Jc.

Thank U 4 Posting

Stack sizes make a big difference in this hand.

Your stack villains stack. V's range and tendencies. Is this 2 pair or QJ?

Sub 30 just shove. You can rebuy -50bb you may wish to raise call shove. 100+ bb raise call 3 bet decide on turn.

Hope this helps
:):)

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Here is some more details, my thoughts, and how it turned (and rivered) out.

Everybody involved had just under 1800 chips. BB was 60 with me just right of the dealer. I was dealt KQc and raised to 180. SB and BB call.

Flop comes 5c, 10d, and Jc. BB bets the pot, 540, basically 1/3 of his (and my) stack. I called, SB folds.

Turn is a 4s, no help to anyone. BB bets 900 into a 1600 pot, basically going all in. I again call.

River is a 2d, again no help. So here I am with a King high facing a BB who just shoved his last couple hundred chips in. I fold.

By the way, BB was nice enough to show me his hand after I folded. He had a 5 and a 6 of diamonds, (one pair on flop).

What I think I should have done is push all-in on the flop. I had 20 cards (open straight, flush draw, and two over cards) to beat a pair, and 14 that would beat the best hand he could have, trips. Instead, I let him take the lead. By calling, I signaled I was chasing. This gave him a chance to back away if he felt I caught my straight or flush, and a chance to put the pressure on when a trash card showed up.

Of course it was early in a freeroll, so he may have called an all-in push with bottom pair and won anyway.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With those stack sizes I lean towards getting it in on the flop and role the dice. I dont think, you have much fold equity, but turns are going to be very awkward with just a pot sized bet left. With deeper stacks I prefer to just call in position.