$Freeroll NLHE MTT Rebuy: $0 NLHE MTT Rebuy: $ : How did I win this hand?

I

Index12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hero has K 3 off against Villain’s pocket twos, out comes Jack 6 Jack and then two Queens. Hero wins pot(600) with two pairs. So I’m thinking the two pairs simply made the pocket 2s into a kicker 2 against my king kicker, but I’m not sure on that. Thoughts?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes you are right!

Hero has K 3 off against Villain’s pocket twos, out comes Jack 6 Jack and then two Queens. Hero wins pot(600) with two pairs. So I’m thinking the two pairs simply made the pocket 2s into a kicker 2 against my king kicker, but I’m not sure on that. Thoughts?

Thanks for posting.

NL is the best five card hand that you can make using any of the cards on the board or in your hand.
Your hand was QQJJ K the 6 from the board and the 5 from your hand do not play.

Villains hand was QQJJ6 which is the best hand villain could make using all the cards. As you can tell the villain did not use either of their cards to make their best hand. The 22 do not play.

As you learn poker you will here of a term "Kicker Trouble" or "Out Kicked"

Such as when you have A10 and the villain has A4 and the board is A J 9 7 5

The villain has "Kicker Trouble" because the 4 does not play but your 10 does.

Your hand is AA1097 Villain has AA975 You Win!!!!!

Hope this helps

:):)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What happened to the Villain is called a counterfeit. On the turn his hand was JJ22Q, and on the river he “improved” to QQJJ6. However most other hands improved to something, which now beat his improved hand, and therefore its called a counterfeit. In fact this was so bad for him, he was now playing the board, so the best, he could even hope for, was to chop the pot.

It is also sometimes referred to as a “3 pair hand”, and a common rookie mistake is to overvalue that kind of hand, because obviously there is no such thing as 3 pair in NLH, when you can only use 5 cards. Sometimes you will see a board like QQJ68 and some players will think, J8 is a great hand, because both their cards connected with the board, but in fact they still lose to J9, so the river card did not even help them.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands