$Freeroll NLHE MTT: QQ vs AK

C

Chewfulitsch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Made 2.4BB raise UTG with pocket QQ and got raised all in by the BB with AK who has 3x my stack. Should I just fold here early days into a free roll? Obviously I lost the coin flip when an A turned up on the flop.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
odds Calculator tells us that pre-flop your chances are almost equal. Therefore, your call was justified and you just did not get lucky.

But maybe there was no point in risking so preflop, and continue the game expecting a more reliable situation.

6226873aaf.jpg

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Odds Calculator tells us that pre-flop your chances are almost equal. Therefore, your call was justified and you just did not get lucky.

But maybe there was no point in risking so preflop, and continue the game expecting a more reliable situation.
Off topic, but yesterday I exhibited with KK and I answered the guy with AA! What is the probability that the table will simultaneously gather like that? But it happens, and I have it all the time!

C

Chewfulitsch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Odds Calculator tells us that pre-flop your chances are almost equal. Therefore, your call was justified and you just did not get lucky.

I will start to do a coin flip in real life in these situations lol. Blame the coin!

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we have to think in poker as a long term game and not only for a few results. Therefore, this hand will have more +EV than -EV. The call was good.

soliddecor

soliddecor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Off topic, but yesterday I exhibited with KK and I answered the guy with AA! What is the probability that the table will simultaneously gather like that? But it happens, and I have it all the time!
dear friend of mine 23 against AA against JJ 3 players my 23 won a trivial two pairs of 22 and 33 :) I would never have thought that this would happen 23 conversions of a pair of aces and a pair of jacks :)

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cant look at the exact hand they have, got to look at range they shove.

Id never fold QQ pre in a freeroll.

G

Grearix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your call is more than justified here. But you know you it can and up with a coin flip. So if you don't want to take that risk, you can always fold and play for a sure game.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its a freeroll. Always call and shove

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a freeroll - always call for these reasons:1. Players will jam random crap all the time which you are ahead of.
2. You need to win these flips to make the final table.
3. If you are out - start a new freeroll

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
In freerolls never fold QQ preflop. Never fold JJ. Never fold TT. Never fold 99. Never fold 88. 77 you might think little bit, but you shouldn't fold. 66 maybe.