$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Playing queens after a single suited flop?

phantomjiujitsu

phantomjiujitsu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know I played this badly, but what can I do better the next time I find myself playing queens out of position after a really wet flop?
Are my bets on the turn/river justifiable at all?

300/600 NL - Holdem - 9 players

BTN: 23.32 BB
SB: 12.28 BB
BB: 20.21 BB
UTG: 19.71 BB
UTG+1: 7.87 BB
Hero (MP): 30.57 BB
MP+1: 4.64 BB
MP+2: 19.33 BB
CO: 29.15 BB

9 players post ante of 0.13 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.62 BB) Hero has Q Q

fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, MP+2 calls 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: (8.62 BB, 2 players) 9 8 2
Hero bets 4 BB, MP+2 calls 4 BB

Turn: (16.62 BB, 2 players) J
Hero bets 11.08 BB, MP+2 calls 11.08 BB

River: (38.79 BB, 2 players) T
Hero bets 12.37 BB and is all-in, MP+2 calls 1.12 BB and is all-in

Hero shows Q Q (Straight, Queen High)
(Pre 68%, Flop 56%, Turn 68%)
MP+2 shows Q K (Straight, King High)
(Pre 32%, Flop 44%, Turn 32%)
MP+2 wins 41.04 BB

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know I played this badly, but what can I do better the next time I find myself playing queens out of position after a really wet flop?
Are my bets on the turn/river justifiable at all?

I think hero played it well. imo
In general if you are ahead you have to bet, right? It is freeroll, no need to start playing fancy with bet sizing since most of villains on freeroll does not really know or care about bet sizing. imo
As played: I mean really flopped flush would be only one small part of villain range so no need to be taken into account and even if so hero have semi strong flush draw. imo And i am pretty much try to get maximum value out of the hand so i am definitely betting out that flop/turn for value, the only question is how much to bet on streets, right? It depends what kind of range villain call me with on preflop.

On river as played: if i check and villain ship it i have to call (i expect to be ahead most of villain range at that point), if i ship it i might lose also value if villain really does fold. But i expect to get called by villain entire range which i beat most of time. So i am going to ship it anyway. imo

But why you think hero played it badly ?

Viera56

Viera56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll analyze the hand regardless of the end result. I like your 3x pre-flop bet, but just because it's a freeroll and we have a lot of calling stations in these tournaments and maniacs. The fact is that playing 3x hands premiuns if you are usually a tight player, you do not get much action after a dry board. IMO, since you followed this line, the only other line would be the all in the second shot, because they opened many connected cards, if you want to go down to the floor with these cards, you go with all the strength you have.

J

jrx1908

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ideally, tell which freeroll you are playing.

C

cgcook38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the play. I think I would have bet the villain all in instead of mostly all in on the turn.

Note: checking the flop is not a terrible move out of position, but you have to be willing to give up the hand when a scare card comes. What checking does is allow you to keep the pot size down while OOP. Hopefully. You give up a lot of control doing it.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Your flop bet is too small. Should have bet 6bb and went all in on the turn. As played all in on the turn is still better than 2/3 of the pot, since yourself is already committed.

G

Grearix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't you played this hand so bad. But the chance Villain is holding an A or K of hearts is not so small so you should have considered taking down the pot on the flop. Mainly unlucky to lose against KQ here.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think you played it just fine , you don't hold just two queens the Qh will give you some blocking information[less likely your opponent holds hearts combination]. I would have shoved turn to apply max pressure!

I really don't thing his flatting range is a monster because ok, it is a freeroll 9/10 times they hold some weak Ax some Kx and less likely suited connectors which play well post flop.