$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Which movement is more profitable in this situation

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since this is a limped pot - I like the donk lead on the flop. Its coordinated enough that likely at least one opponent should have something they can continue with. If someone has 67 in this instance - good for them because a set is just too strong to fold on this flop.

When the raise comes in from the LP player to 330 - I am never flatting here. There's no reason to get cute and try to "trap" on a board where we could have like a pair with a gutter - they could have JT or 7T and we dont want to give them a turn card for their price to try and bring in their draw. So for me I would shove here and the rest is going to be up to the poker gods. I'm not worried about keeping them both in, i know the raiser is probably coming along. Its a freeroll as well so players generally dont fold anyhow lol.

So yeah, I like the donk lead - when I get raised - I would shove here. If they have 67 or a better set good for them, but it's so unlikely this is the line I would take all day.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a hand this strong you definitely want to take the initiative, so check-calling is out of the question. A check-raise gets the most chips in on the flop, but you run the risk, that it gets checked through. Check-raising also look stronger than leading. So I dont mind leading here, and for the record its not a donk bet, when nobody showed aggression on the previous street. I agree with Jon Poker, that after facing a raise, you should just jam the flop and be done.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Strange game of rivals. Why raise so much in this hand? I thought their cards weren't as bad as they actually were.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raise is the best option here, and jamming after reraise. Yes, we could check our sets some time, but in limped we pot almost never, specially if it’s freeroll.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't donk lead on this flop into 2, I would prefer to check raise.

I wouldn't mind raising pre after the limping to win the pot preflop

Strange game of rivals. Why raise so much in this hand? I thought their cards weren't as bad as they actually were.

it's a freeroll, not much to expect lol

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't donk lead on this flop into 2, I would prefer to check raise.

I wouldn't mind raising pre after the limping to win the pot preflop

it's a freeroll, not much to expect lol

Check raising this flop looks suuuuuuper strong and is generally done with nutted hands - we could lead this pot with a pair + draw, 2 pair, top or decent kicker, etc - we don't necessarily have to have a monster when we lead out into two. Plus going for the check-raise allows opponents the chance to check behind and see a free turn card which could end up being bad for our hand, it is a fairly connected board and there are a few cards we definitely dont want to see roll off. You will be surprised how many limped pots check through on the flop - when we flop this good, we dont want it to be one of them.

I would NEVER raise preflop OOP with 55s. Aside from this board, how many good flops are there for 55? We raise, still get 2 callers and the flop comes down K7J then what are we doing? Are we cbetting into two opponents with bottom pair? It just gets super awkward raising small pairs in spots like this when we are going to face flops with tons of overcards and we are OOP. Most of the time it's just going to be donating chips - not to mention when we check, no one ever puts us on a set, so our hand strength is super disguised.

Not picking on your thought process, just giving you my 2c on what I think about it and how this may help you! :)

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it was the right decision!Many would have done the same.another question about how unlucky the opponents were))).

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check raising this flop looks suuuuuuper strong and is generally done with nutted hands - we could lead this pot with a pair + draw, 2 pair, top or decent kicker, etc - we don't necessarily have to have a monster when we lead out into two. Plus going for the check-raise allows opponents the chance to check behind and see a free turn card which could end up being bad for our hand, it is a fairly connected board and there are a few cards we definitely dont want to see roll off. You will be surprised how many limped pots check through on the flop - when we flop this good, we dont want it to be one of them.
Nothing they would call with would make a difference if we check and they check back. as you see on the Outcome, they go crazy with OESD and TP weak kicker.
Donk leading after limping isn't weak either. a lot of People might think you try to bluff on such a board

I would NEVER raise preflop OOP with 55s. Aside from this board, how many good flops are there for 55? We raise, still get 2 callers and the flop comes down K7J then what are we doing? Are we cbetting into two opponents with bottom pair? It just gets super awkward raising small pairs in spots like this when we are going to face flops with tons of overcards and we are OOP. Most of the time it's just going to be donating chips - not to mention when we check, no one ever puts us on a set, so our hand strength is super disguised.

Not picking on your thought process, just giving you my 2c on what I think about it and how this may help you! :)

well I get annoyed from all the donk limping so I prefer to raise sometimes with Hands that are very vulnerable post flop like 22-66 and shut down the Hand and collect the blinds. I don't want them to call. try it, it works quite well ;)

sure it is hard to Play post flop, but you will see a lot of folds post flop aswell. once they limp call pre and call the flop, it's getting tricky. but most of the times you won't get there

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play it like you. I like the dink because you won’t know if people stab at that pot. Once one person raises I think calling is fine but also retaining is ok. The person in between comes along often given pot odds anyways.

I am less concerned here to lose people when playing too strong but rather by losing on action because boards gets messy.