$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Mistake or cooler?

T

Transitley

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never feedback on a hand before first up so only my opinion and no numbers involved:

I'm gonna say neither a mistake or a cooler. You have the made hand and got it in good on a hand which probably misses any A although could run into an overpair (easy for me to say this seeing what happened). To me suggest he misses more often than he hits. Hard to say without knowing more about the villain eg his style and any indication of range. Would you have called if he'd shoved pre-flop out of interest? Cos due to bet sizing he was pretty much getting it in post flop right?

He may well think you are stealing and think he may be able to pressure you and also thinking that if he gets the money in first then thats the decision done - doesn't seem that he is really thinking too much about it and as so many people say on this forum, he is overplaying AK as a non made hand.

A good call and bad luck

Oh yeah, you also have him covered

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We are 50 ish big blinds deep here which is important in this hand. Its important because if this happens to you with 30 BB or less (depending on villain dynamics) you can just rip over his 3 bet. However, since we are deep here I like the raise you did pre flop and the sizing and I like just calling behind here. When Villain jams on the flop we need to start thinking about the worst hands he would do this with. I don't think he would be bluffing here too often ( I would be wrong in this case) so I would start with is he doing this with smaller pocket pairs? My answer would be definitely not. Then I would go to big Axs and would he be doing it with those? I would think not (wrong I know I am) but that would tend to make me fold. I think overall on this hand you should be folding on the flop.

Many will say isnt that a passive line to take with 7s to call the raise and fold on the flop? I would say yes it is but I dont expect villain to just jam the flop that often on a board texture like this with just over cards. I can't come up with a ton of hands or any really that he should be doing this with that we beat. Therefore, when he bluffs here, kudos to villain so I will fold here knowing way more often that not I am beat.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We are 50 ish big blinds deep here which is important in this hand.

Villain is the effective stack, and he started with 32BB. Even so I think, it is fine to just call his 3-bet in position, and I am not folding 77 post on a T high flop, when there is only a bit more than a pot sized bet left. He has missed that flop a ton of the time. So to answer OP no this is not a mistake.

Alex_Ogienko

Alex_Ogienko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very borderline decision. if we call it 3bet, then on such a flop we call it a bet. I don’t see a big mistake here.