$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Look at this interesting spot. Would you escape?

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I disagree on both opponents fronts (hopefully not putting anyone down as their screen names show and thats not my intention to put others down). The set of 4s should raise that flop bet of yours which then totally changes the hand. You probably fold and the 73 likely folds and that is that. On the turn the 4s should be in bet fold mode and betting the turn there also slows everyone else down on the river and will normally make them check to you the bettor. On the river, the 4s is playing the board so if they call a jam they would only split and there are bigger straights and flushes out there . 4s cant call a jam here.

The 73 is a little different but should have at least known it was possible they were screwed on the river. They call the flop which is debatable but not bad (calling pre flop I dont get although there are good odds). Then the turn comes and check through which is exactly what 73 would want but when the flush hits the 73 should think why is hero now jamming? How many 7s can they have and would they jam as a bluff since the board makes a straight on its own. The flush is possible and you the hero should think that the blind could have a 7 in their range so you (the hero) probably wouldnt be jamming and SB could know that. Yes, lot of leveling there but I think the 73 can fold there as you would play a flush draw the exact way you did if thats what you had.

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/524Eygu1I
I confess that if I were the opponents it would be difficult to escape this hand.
This is multiway spot and dynamic should be different ,you should defend more and I want to ask why you bet flop with your hand, how you determine betting checking hands out of your range,what whould check here and why?But youwere lucky,your bet flop is very optimistic cause any reraise would make you fold.So I would play check/call flop, check turn and call up to 50% pot. River played very good,I like your bet.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
KJs should open, and a miniraise is fine with these stack sizes. 44 on BTN is a little marginal, but its ok to make the call as long as the intention is not only to setmine. 73s in BB should probably fold, when two people are already in the pot, since this reduce the value of the dead chips, but its close, when its only a mini-raise. Personally though I tend to prefer to not get involved in this kind of silly spot, only because its cheap.

Flop
3-ways the C-bet from KJs is a little marginal. One of the things, I always look at, is, if I can get a better hand to fold. On this board any AX flopped a gutshot, so I dont think, it will fold. For this reason I lean towards checking and basically giving up in a multiway pot. But you did at least have a BDFD, which is at least a little something. 44 should definitely have raised his flopped set. 73s kind of have to peel one with bottom pair and a gutshot, but the spot sort of suck, which boil back to, why I would rather just have dumped it pre. Because how often do you ever love the flop with a hand like 73s?

Turn
KJs picked up a flushdraw, but AX and 6X made a straight, so I am ok checking now, because I dont want to get raised and blown off my equity. 44 and 73s both have a clear check behind. Everybody essentially have a pretty weak hand now and is hoping to hit something on the river.

River
I love the overbet jam from KJs with the second nut flush. 44 is playing the board and have a clear fold especially when another player is yet to act behind. This is an entitlement tilt call. His hand was strong on the flop, but he got completely counterfeited, and he just need to accept, what happened. 73s has kind of a tough decision but given, that someone else has already called, he is at best hoping for a chopper, and he lose to both a flush and 87, which has a higher straight. So I think, he can also find a fold here.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/524Eygu1I
I confess that if I were the opponents it would be difficult to escape this hand.

Thank U 4 Posting

I stopped the replayer on the flop so as not to know what happens

That flop is terrible for us so why are we betting?

Two players called not one- we most likely do not win at show down with K high.
Most aces chase on this flop as they can make a wheel.
A player has position on us and can bluff when we have to check turn which we will most of the time because there are 2 players.
We only have 30BB so calling a turn bet to keep the V in position honest is a terrible waste of chips.
Improving our hand by hitting a K or J does not mean we can get all-in. In fact if we lead turn when we hit our V can shove and we will have to fold with no idea if it was a good fold.

Nut hands are going to slow play and all the nut hands might play preflop exactly as a call.

The pot is now 17bb and we have 27bb left, we have no way to bet turn to scare flush draws off or one pair hands worried about 3 streets of betting.

Ok watched the rest of the video. Wow are these players unskilled.
So exactly as I stated 44 just called pre and if the 44 V had any skill you wasted your flop bet because they should have raised you on the flop.

Would I have folded to your river shove holding 44 yes. 3 players not two and it is a tournament. Of course if it were me you would have folded flop or been all in on the turn already.

Hope this helps
:):)

erik_lima

erik_lima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The opponent with a straight it's hard to escape. But the opponent with 44 is a very easy fold.