$Freeroll NLHE MTT: KQ 8bb deep, Induce, or Shove?

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 44/31/13

Am I going to be ahead of the chip leader's range often enough to make this a profitable play? I thought limping to induce the raise would end up getting more money in the pot than just shoving here as villain could have more hands in his raising range than he would in his calling range however both should be pretty wide?

Should I just shove here? Or is limping to try and get another bb in the pot before I shove a good move?

PokerStars - 300/600 Ante 50 NL - Holdem - 7 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (MP): 8.5 BB
CO: 5.06 BB (VPIP: 11.76, PFR: 12.50, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 17)
BTN: 66.23 BB (VPIP: 44.21, PFR: 31.18, 3Bet Preflop: 12.50, Hands: 96)
SB: 25.74 BB (VPIP: 10.00, PFR: 5.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 61)
BB: 0.4 BB (VPIP: 7.32, PFR: 4.62, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 82)
UTG: 7.74 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
UTG+1: 20.41 BB (VPIP: 42.31, PFR: 33.33, 3Bet Preflop: 14.29, Hands: 28)

7 players post ante of 0.08 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 0.32 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has K:spade: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero calls 1 BB, fold, BTN raises to 2 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 8.42 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 6.42 BB

Flop: (18.23 BB, 2 players) 3:diamond: T:club: A:heart:

Turn: (18.23 BB, 2 players) K:diamond:

River: (18.23 BB, 2 players) 6:spade:

Hero shows K:spade: Q:diamond: (One Pair, Kings)

BTN shows T:diamond: A:diamond: (Two Pair, Aces and Tens)

BTN wins 18.23 BB

As always, thank you for your thoughts :)

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Shove when big stack isn't playing.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with such a small stack limping with KQo from MP to 'induce a raise' is not a good idea.
it's just push or fold.
limping or minraising is a sign for a stronger range than shoving because you want People to call and build a pot.
although the button has really LAG stats, what if he just limps behind and so do the blinds. then you have to Play KQo multiway with a SPR of <2
just shove, it's your best option

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no calls, just shove. your stack is tiny

Shove when big stack isn't playing.

with such a small stack limping with KQo from MP to 'induce a raise' is not a good idea.
it's just push or fold.
limping or minraising is a sign for a stronger range than shoving because you want People to call and build a pot.
although the button has really LAG stats, what if he just limps behind and so do the blinds. then you have to Play KQo multiway with a SPR of <2
just shove, it's your best option

Thanks everyone. I think it spots like this I come up with weird desire to protect my stack where it's just not the right place to be doing. I played a lot of cash when I was younger so I don't have a great grasp on when it turns to push fold and what to do it with.

Thanks again guys! I think I have some studying to do!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should push all in. If you occationally want to mix in a trap, it should be with hands like AA, KK maybe QQ. KQs is not exactly a "trap" hand, since it is behind to even a lot of bluffing hands like A2, A3, A4 etc. So you basically "induce" a bluff from those hands, but he is bluffing with the best hand, and you call it off behind. Obviously not a great result.

KQs benefit a lot more from getting those same hands to fold. And depending on the situation maybe some times you can get people to fold small pairs like 22, 33 or 44, which is also a great result.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You had nothing to do just to go all-in, but the worst idea was to call at that moment under those circumstances very little satck to play simply did not make sense, well played