fisher282 (MP): 85,687 (29 bb)
fishlots1 (MP+1): 73,487 (24 bb)
LabutaPOKER (LP): 36,259 (12 bb)
Davey746 (CO): 26,476 (9 bb)
95yunus67 (BU): 25,516 (9 bb)
IvanJelezo (SB): 31,720 (11 bb)
Rackasking (BB): 83,420 (28 bb)

Pre-Flop: (7,200) Hero (LabutaPOKER) is LP with J T
2 players fold, fisher282 (MP) raises to 6,000, 1 fold, LabutaPOKER (LP) calls 6,000, 1 fold, 95yunus67 (BU) calls 6,000, 2 players fold

Flop: (25,200) 4 J 5 (3 players)
fisher282 (MP) bets 3,000, LabutaPOKER (LP) raises to 9,600, 95yunus67 (BU) folds, fisher282 (MP) calls 6,600

Turn: (44,400) 9 (2 players)
fisher282 (MP) bets 3,000, LabutaPOKER (LP) raises to 20,359 (all-in), fisher282 (MP) calls 17,359

River: (85,118) 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: 85,118

Showdown:
LabutaPOKER (LP) shows J T (a pair of Jacks)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 62%, Flop: 90%, Turn: 89%, River: 0%)

fisher282 (MP) shows 8 9 (two pair, Nines and Eights)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 38%, Flop: 10%, Turn: 11%, River: 100%)

fisher282 (MP) wins 85,118

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Good job getting your chips in good. Poker has that dreaded luck element, but remember that it works both ways. Next time, you will get that lucky river card. Just keep getting your chips in good.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The pre flop call in this spot is not good because of your stack size. At 12 BBs you should be shoving all in over the raise or folding. In this spot with something as weak as J10 off I think folding is the better play however there is a case to be made for jamming but I can never see this as a call.

On the flop you got exactly what you wanted in top pair. You have a SPR slightly above 1 going to the flop. This is not the time to cute and try to take your opponent to value town but it should just be a shove on the flop. Deeper stacks can be played as a call or raise but with what you have left behind you should not be planning on folding top pair so it is best to just jam it in.

The runout was terrible yes but you should not be letting your opponent see a turn card in this spot unless you make them pay for it. Villains range is full of Ax and KQ hands so there are many turn cards we dont like. I am assuming that even if an overcard hit you would still be going all in on the turn. If this is the case, just jam on the flop and hope your hand holds up. Unfortunately, it didnt hold in this case.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I cannot comprehend is how the villain can call the raise on the flop with 9 high and no draw to straight or flush. It just doesn’t make sense. Forget about whether the hero should have jammed or folded preflop, he should have taken down pot on the flop raise. True, maybe he should have raised all in but still, villain had no business being in the hand past the flop bet.

erik_lima

erik_lima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The opponent played very bad and had luck, but your call pre flop with this stack is also very bad.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first thing, you always need to look at in poker, even before seeing your cards, is stack sizes, because they influenze the whole way, the game plays. In this situation you had 12BB, and with a stack of that kind you can call a mini-raise, when you are in the big blind, and you can limp in from small blind, but from any other seat you either jam or fold.

So after having decided, that you are either going to jam or fold, you need to figure out, which hands are good enough to jam, when someone else has already entered the pot from MP, and you have 4 other players left to act behind you. And to make a profitable jam here you probably need something like TT+, AQ+ or AJs+. If you think, MP is out of line and opening to wide, you can jam a bit looser as well, but never down to something as bad as JTo.

Having made the mistake of calling with a really bad hand and a way to short stack you flopped top pair, and now its an even more simple decision to just get it in. You are trying to play, like you have 100BB left behind, but you only have 12BB.

D

Delfino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker has that dreaded luck element, but remember that it works both ways.

In some sense it works mostly for the bad players. Good players put their money in the pot when they are ahead. So they can't face a lucky river. Only bad players can.

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In some sense it works mostly for the bad players. Good players put their money in the pot when they are ahead. So they can't face a lucky river. Only bad players can.
Tell me your AQ has never sucked out on an AK. Tell me you haven't called with an under pair and caught the set.

Luck works for all players. It is just more obvious when a Q7o beats out AA or a bad player catches the runner runner they needed.

AllenKll

AllenKll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The pre flop call in this spot is not good because of your stack size. At 12 BBs you should be shoving all in over the raise or folding. In this spot with something as weak as J10 off I think folding is the better play however there is a case to be made for jamming but I can never see this as a call.

On the flop you got exactly what you wanted in top pair. You have a SPR slightly above 1 going to the flop. This is not the time to cute and try to take your opponent to value town but it should just be a shove on the flop. Deeper stacks can be played as a call or raise but with what you have left behind you should not be planning on folding top pair so it is best to just jam it in.

The runout was terrible yes but you should not be letting your opponent see a turn card in this spot unless you make them pay for it. Villains range is full of Ax and KQ hands so there are many turn cards we dont like. I am assuming that even if an overcard hit you would still be going all in on the turn. If this is the case, just jam on the flop and hope your hand holds up. Unfortunately, it didnt hold in this case.

Once again, I agree with 300HPGOD. This is squarely in shove fold territory.

And being on the bubble, you have to make a decision - are you trying to min cash, or are you trying to win? If a min cash is on your mind, folding is the right path, and if you're trying to win shoving is the right path.

Post flop, again, 300HPGOD got it right on the nose. You shouldn't be pussyfooting around. You hit your pair. Shove for everything you've got.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this hand, the opponent is very lucky, but you should not think about it, but about your game.

12bb this is already the push fold stage, the call on the preflop is doubtful.

After calling and getting the top pair, it is clear that you will not drop this hand, so only all in on the flop. Perhaps on your push, the opponent would have dropped and not caught his turn and river.:)

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I agree with guys who thinks that on 12bb stack we have decision push or fold pre flop. In real money tournament on the bubble I fold jto pre flop, because I want to get the money. On the bubble I go allin only with the strongest hand, KK+, maybe QQ and maybe ak suit and offsuit. I prefer very tight game in the bubble in real money tournament. In freeroll tournament go allin with more hands like AQ off and suit, TT, JJ and maybe 99. So in this situation better fold medium hands, especially against bigger stack than our. Bigger stack can arm-twisting on the bubble. GL :)

M

Mr_Nuisance

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like others on this thread have said, I can't say I agree with the call of the MP raise with only 12 BBs. In this position, unless you are playing for a cash bubble, you are in the situation of wither getting it all in preflop and putting the pressure on the raiser or folding and waiting for a better spot. Once you hit top pair on the flop, you were in pretty good position for a double up, and I also think that a shove after the flop has potential to end the hand, with you having outs if for some reason your opponent had you dominated with the Jack. I do not understand your opponent's call of your re-raise on the flop with pure backdoor draws, this hand pretty much was a suck out that potentially could have been avoided if played more aggressively or not at all.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What I cannot comprehend is how the villain can call the raise on the flop with 9 high and no draw to straight or flush. It just doesn’t make sense.

He call, because he is a fish, and this is, what fish do. Also Heros raise was severely undersized, which can look weak and make the opponent think, there was room to make a play on the turn like donk shoving on scary cards. Instead he improved to second pair, and at that point he probably felt committed to the pot. Once again this is, what fish do. They dont fold, and the main reason is, they play for fun, and when was the last time you had fun after folding? :)

Ignoring preflop, which was terrible, this should have been an absurdly easy and simple hand postflop. Fish put out a ridiculous 1BB probing bet, and we have top pair with a SPR of around 1. So we just jam it in and let him decide what to do with his whatever. This would actually in all likelyhood have gotten him to fold, which is totally fine. Even if folding in this situation was his best decision, being aggressive against fish is also important for table dynamics. You want fish to see you as a bully or maniac, so that they will eventually make some silly call or bluff for all their chips, because they had enough of you.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Before entering a raised pot think about your hand, here you have JTo, so you have to have a plan. If a J or a T hit the flop what you gonna do? Here the J is top pair on the flop, think about your kicker. Think about your opponents hand? What if the board was AJx or QTx or KJx?
Your call preflop is bad because you have 12bb, if you shoved you'll get better chance to win the pot right away.
For villain I don't understand why he called on the flop/turn.. too fishy. That's why you have to be careful with one pair.