$Freeroll NLHE MTT: JJ call all-in or fold?

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars - $0+$0|125/250 Ante 25 NL - Holdem - 8 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP: 63.43 BB (VPIP: 41.18, PFR: 20.59, 3Bet Preflop: 21.43, hands: 34)
MP+1: 11.02 BB (VPIP: 26.42, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 53)
Hero (CO): 28.34 BB
BTN: 4.25 BB (VPIP: 36.84, PFR: 5.26, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 19)
SB: 6.48 BB (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 12)
BB: 15.5 BB (VPIP: 43.48, PFR: 26.09, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 23)
UTG: 57.23 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 3)
UTG+1: 12.46 BB (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 24)

8 players post ante of 0.1 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.3 BB) Hero has J:diamond: J:heart:

fold, UTG+1 calls 1 BB, MP calls 1 BB, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, MP calls 2 BB

Flop: (9.3 BB, 2 players) 5:diamond: 9:spade: 4:heart:
MP checks, Hero bets 4.65 BB, MP raises to 60.33 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 20.59 BB and is all-in

This distribution was played today in the freeroll CardsChat. I would like to know the opinion how would you do in this situation? The results will be opened later after the discussion.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's tough to gauge because it is a freeroll but I would have raised more preflop, especially against the big stack.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
D

Dwarf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Snap call:D

You kind of have to.

He could do this with alot of top pairs gutshots and over cards. Big stack looks hyper aggro might enjoy being aggressive and stats indicate a very high likely hood he's been hot rolling the dice.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against a player this loose, you have to call. He can very well be overplaying 9x here and I wouldn't expect him to x/shove sets on this flop.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think you need to bet more pre, instead of betting 3x I would of bet 5x... Your normal 3x + 1 bb per limper.

I believe you were right to call as he seems pretty loose, I don't believe he has a set on that flop as I believed he would of x/c instead of x/shoved.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you need to bet more pre, instead of betting 3x I would of bet 5x... Your normal 3x + 1 bb per limper.

I believe you were right to call as he seems pretty loose, I don't believe he has a set on that flop as I believed he would of x/c instead of x/shoved.
Did not notice this in the HH, but I agree. Would be making it 4.5x minimum here and 5x if the players are call happy.

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank all. I agree with the above opinions, I had to bet a lot on pre-flop. My opponent played aggressively before, all in with 77 and 44 pre-flop. If I bet the pot on the flop, then maybe my opponent did not stop. I think the aggressors stop more often if they see big bets immediately

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
b]

Even after the turn, my chances are great. I played very tightly, so the considerate player could not assume that I was bluffing

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
MP: 63.43 BB (VPIP: 41.18, PFR: 20.59, 3Bet Preflop: 21.43, Hands: 34)

Such statistics say that we are an aggressive player inclined to bluff. A pair of nines and a straight draw, and he is ready to bet 60 BB.
You can only hope that there will not be seven or nine on the river ... :D

J

jsrader77014

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The way I try to figure this stuff out is to put myself in the Villain seat and figure out why he would do what he did. He saw you raise preflop with a standard raise. He calls out of position and you raise. He is aggressive and not comfortable playing such a passive role in the hand. Your raise amount indicates a standard C-Bet which probably means your hand did not improve with the flop. If you have a high fold to 3-Bet percentage he is most definitely going to raise you with a bluff. Going all in is an extreme bluff in this case but, hey it's a free-roll. I personally don't think he connected on the flop and this is a semi or total bluff. He wants to push you out of the pot. That is a lot of speculation but, based on sound reasoning. So what do you do?

I would say call because most aggressive players would not check if they have a set here so your probably ahead. This is simply a +EV call all the way.

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easy call, only hands that beat you that your opponent might play this way are sets.

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The way I try to figure this stuff out is to put myself in the Villain seat and figure out why he would do what he did. He saw you raise preflop with a standard raise. He calls out of position and you raise. He is aggressive and not comfortable playing such a passive role in the hand. Your raise amount indicates a standard C-Bet which probably means your hand did not improve with the flop. If you have a high fold to 3-Bet percentage he is most definitely going to raise you with a bluff. Going all in is an extreme bluff in this case but, hey it's a free-roll. I personally don't think he connected on the flop and this is a semi or total bluff. He wants to push you out of the pot. That is a lot of speculation but, based on sound reasoning. So what do you do?

I would say call because most aggressive players would not check if they have a set here so your probably ahead. This is simply a +EV call all the way.

After the flop, I put half the pot - 4.65 BB, maybe I should have put a higher bet, maybe my opponent did not go all-in. As I did in the description there, I put all-in

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you ignore this distribution, then such hands are called big pairs (QQ, JJ, TT), they play well in any situation, as long as A or K appears on the table, and a dilemma arises. And in this situation, the main point is your position and the degree of aggression of the opponent. Will your opponent bluff or not. I often get into this situation and understand what kind of hand the opponent has is very difficult.

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Considering that it's a freeroll, you have to snap call it.

Folding in Poker