$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Insane hand KK x AA x QQ

ederato

ederato

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing the high school tournament, I start the hand with a KK. He had 1500 chips because the tournament had just started. I made 3-bet, putting 120 chips into play. 6 of the 9 players folded. I, SB and BB remained. The player who was like SB gave All in, followed by BB with All in as well. With a high pair I paid the All in. At the time of Showdown SB was with QhQd, BB with AcAd and I with KsKd. Flop, Qs-7d-Jc. Turn Kc and River Ah, to my unhappiness, or misfortune myself. One thing is for sure, I have to stop paying All in preflop or play tight.

J

Jamuka7657

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling all in preflop with something as strong as KK is good. It stinks when someone has aces but the odds are so low you shouldn't fold without a very strong read.

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You did ok on paying 2 all ins with KK. The odds on having an QQ, KK and AA on the same hand are very, very low. With a KK you did right mate.

G

georgall

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KK in early stage. Only all in. You must build your bankrool, exspecialy in turbo or gyperturbo tournements. If you loose, so that is not your day. Try another one.)))

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ah to be in high school with the opportunity to learn a life lesson. In Poker (as in life) doing the right thing will not always result in victory, but that's not the point of doing the right thing. The point is knowing you did the right thing with the information you had at the time. Poker is not a single hand, or a single session or even a single year. Like life it is a stream of games and days. In the long run getting it in with KK will win you more money than it will cost you.

Let's assume your high school game has a large number of inexperienced players. What hands do you suppose they would be willing to get All In preflop? AA, KK, QQ for sure. We just saw it. What else? JJ? AK? Let's look at the combinations There are 6 combinations of pocket pairs and 16 combinations of AK. Since you have KK thee is only one combination, the other pair of kings. 6+1+6+6+16=35 combinations the odds of one of you opponents having AA are 6/35 or 12/35.

Tripling your money when the odds of you having the best hand to start are over 60% is a good damn bet.

After all of the cards are out against 2 players with the a JJ+, AK range my odds calculator gives odds of winning as 42%. If you were heads up against that range you'd be a 62% favorite. AA doesn't always beat KK. nor does KK always beat QQ. in both cases the favorite is ~80% to win. The under dog has 5 chances to to get one of the two cards that will give him trips. At the same time the favorite has the same chance to get trips and occasionally you both will.

Suppose there were two players each with 20 BB. One player had AA and the other Ts9s. The Aces beat 3BB and 9Ts called. With 7 BBs in the pot, the flop came Qs, 9s, Td which hand would you rather have? Although behind now, the 9Ts is a 58% to win.

Finally, what is the alternative? Waiting to get AA before you are willing to bet? That is a whole lot of folding and who is going to call your bet after you fold 100 times?

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands