$Freeroll NLHE MTT: I beat him in the river

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You were very lucky in that hand Alberto, you were lucky too because they were not aggressive, you were shortstack Allin was also a good idea

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
You were very lucky in that hand Alberto, you were lucky too because they were not aggressive, you were shortstack Allin was also a good idea

Too much good luck to me mackmasterss. Because with that flop I was almost lost. So I say the river saved me. LOL. Often I am never lucky with the last card but this time it was my turn. Greetings my friend.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too much good luck to me mackmasterss. Because with that flop I was almost lost. So I say the river saved me. LOL. Often I am never lucky with the last card but this time it was my turn. Greetings my friend.
I think if the villain made a pot size bet you would have folded

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For example, if you had played those hands with me I would not let you reach or see the river, you know me

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dissecting the whole hand here. With 30 or so big blinds I would not be raising 3.5x as I think since you are UTG 2.5x here is better. Saves you a bit when the flop comes as it does or some other reason happens that you would not want to continue. On the flop I am a little torn between C betting and not C betting as we are likely beat here but it also is a range we can rep. I think either way is a good move as long as when you do bet it is on the smaller side.

On the turn I think we probably have to lead otherwise our hand is face up but if I led here it would be on the small side and not much bigger than 40% of pot. I am not on board with the check call especially to a bet size that was made because you are beat here often and drawing to two cards only. I would think most likley villain has a king in this spot but I dont think that is a hand I could get them off of at this point. I would not be calling villains bet here and it is best to just fold and give up.

On the river as played I like checking to see if we can induce a bluff from our opponent. I don't put him on an ace here and with the diamonds coming in they might fold a king. I would play it most likely as a check call as long as villains bet is large enough. Not terrible by any means to lead there but I think we probably get more value in the long run by checking and seeing if they will bluff the river.

L

levidoff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why did you open 3.5x?
You played this hand very badly.
You have to bet and bet a lot on the flop.
On the turn too.
Then you can bluff on the river.

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Dissecting the whole hand here. With 30 or so big blinds I would not be raising 3.5x as I think since you are UTG 2.5x here is better. Saves you a bit when the flop comes as it does or some other reason happens that you would not want to continue. On the flop I am a little torn between C betting and not C betting as we are likely beat here but it also is a range we can rep. I think either way is a good move as long as when you do bet it is on the smaller side.

On the turn I think we probably have to lead otherwise our hand is face up but if I led here it would be on the small side and not much bigger than 40% of pot. I am not on board with the check call especially to a bet size that was made because you are beat here often and drawing to two cards only. I would think most likley villain has a king in this spot but I dont think that is a hand I could get them off of at this point. I would not be calling villains bet here and it is best to just fold and give up.

On the river as played I like checking to see if we can induce a bluff from our opponent. I don't put him on an ace here and with the diamonds coming in they might fold a king. I would play it most likely as a check call as long as villains bet is large enough. Not terrible by any means to lead there but I think we probably get more value in the long run by checking and seeing if they will bluff the river.

Why did you open 3.5x?
You played this hand very badly.
You have to bet and bet a lot on the flop.
On the turn too.
Then you can bluff on the river.

If according to you I think I fell short when betting preflop; on the flop I should have made a continuation bet despite the AK on the board; I thought at all times that he was surpassing me; But I took a chance when he bet short on the turn and I called. I wasn't planning to win that hand until I saw the river. I think I was lucky.