$Freeroll NLHE MTT: How would you play this hand?

Pokergambler11

Pokergambler11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seat 1: Pudim do mal (3080 in chips)
Seat 2: BrunoBest370 (1230 in chips)
Seat 3: JDAmotoX (2154 in chips)
Seat 5: THED ALL IN (5382 in chips)
Seat 6: marciadark (1170 in chips)
Seat 7: yuriLucht (5450 in chips)
Seat 8: grecowillian (5660 in chips)
Seat 9: Sema775 (7464 in chips)
THED ALL IN: posts small blind 50
marciadark: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to JDAmotoX [5s As]
yuriLucht: folds
grecowillian: folds
Sema775: raises 200 to 300
Pudim do mal: folds
BrunoBest370: folds
JDAmotoX: calls 300
THED ALL IN: folds
marciadark: folds
*** FLOP *** [6c 6s Ad]
Sema775: checks
JDAmotoX: checks
*** TURN *** [6c 6s Ad] [7c]
Sema775: checks
JDAmotoX: bets 547
Sema775: raises 1567 to 2114

What would you do? I was thinking he would be checking because he could have missed the ace or had a low kicker and saw that I was a short stack, so I looked strong to call him Preflop. Than he checked raised me, it put me in a difficult situation, was he bullying me? or did he slowplay me with a strong hand? I only had 10bb left so it makes it hard to fold but its also my tournament life so it's hard to call. Should I maybe have bet the turn smaller so I wouldn't risk so many chips?

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without really knowing how the player plays In general, or without stats to help determine the correct path to take, how can you than expect anyone to really give you a proper analysis of the hand?

I will state that which I don't personally like, when you called with A5s, what was your plan post flop had you missed? I mean you must've had something that you were planning to do, postflop besides "Hoping to hit the flush/nut flop", correct? Also take the fact that this player checks flop, and you also decided to check back flop, than the question becomes, why If you were attempting to "Pot control" are you leading turn? Were you attempting to get value? Again A5 really Is terrible to call with for many reasons, but the most obvious of reasons Is that A5 is usually so dominated, that It really makes no sense to want to bet/lead turn (unless you think this player may have 10s-KK). I really can't tell you what Is the proper course given that their Is so much Info missing, but I can tell you what I wouldn't do.

A) Put In 3bbs with only 21bbs left (If anything you could have gone for the 3bet all In play to max out your fold equity).

B) Since you did call, and when checked to on flop+turn, again I wouldn't bet here because as you seen you got put Into a very uncomfortable spot and have now committed a total of almost 9bbs (when all you started out with was a total of 21bbs).

C) What do you honestly beat here besides A3/A4/A5/ and that's about It+8s-KK, and I mean that's some very wishful thinking to be thinking that this player Is gonna play those exact ranges In that exact manner.

So with all that said and done, I don't (again this Is Just me), I don't like It though, your hand was good enough to get to a "Cheap" showdown, but now It's very doubtful It's any good, I mean, I'd be hard pressed to see something you actually beat here. Again that's me, and I could be wrong.

Yet again this Is a "Free roll"

Pokergambler11

Pokergambler11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without really knowing how the player plays In general, or without stats to help determine the correct path to take, how can you than expect anyone to really give you a proper analysis of the hand?

I will state that which I don't personally like, when you called with A5s, what was your plan post flop had you missed? I mean you must've had something that you were planning to do, postflop besides "Hoping to hit the flush/nut flop", correct? Also take the fact that this player checks flop, and you also decided to check back flop, than the question becomes, why If you were attempting to "Pot control" are you leading turn? Were you attempting to get value? Again A5 really Is terrible to call with for many reasons, but the most obvious of reasons Is that A5 is usually so dominated, that It really makes no sense to want to bet/lead turn (unless you think this player may have 10s-KK). I really can't tell you what Is the proper course given that their Is so much Info missing, but I can tell you what I wouldn't do.

A) Put In 3bbs with only 21bbs left (If anything you could have gone for the 3bet all In play to max out your fold equity).

B) Since you did call, and when checked to on flop+turn, again I wouldn't bet here because as you seen you got put Into a very uncomfortable spot and have now committed a total of almost 9bbs (when all you started out with was a total of 21bbs).

C) What do you honestly beat here besides A3/A4/A5/ and that's about It+8s-KK, and I mean that's some very wishful thinking to be thinking that this player Is gonna play those exact ranges In that exact manner.

So with all that said and done, I don't (again this Is Just me), I don't like It though, your hand was good enough to get to a "Cheap" showdown, but now It's very doubtful It's any good, I mean, I'd be hard pressed to see something you actually beat here. Again that's me, and I could be wrong.

Yet again this Is a "Free roll"

I was thinking this when we got to flop and turn, I guess his check on turn made me think he missed it, when he raised I just autocalled and didn't think it through properly. Next tournament I did I thought about everything.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold preflop, we only have 21bbs and are facing a 3x raise. If this player is very loose, you can shove, however flatting A5s here is only going to get us into bad spots.

Check the turn, there are no worse hands calling us and no real dangerous rivers, it is still possible that we are beat here. When he check/jams over us, we are pretty much always beat so I would fold.

One thing to keep in mind, there are two reasons why we make a "bet" in poker, postflop.

1. To get better hands to fold.
2. To get worse hands to call.

Betting this turn accomplishes neither, so we should check behind knowing we have SDV and can bluff catch/thin value bet some rivers.

H

hopsing911

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold pre, being shortstack you want to open with premium hand and in position. with idea of stacking & going ALL IN. Even if the hip leader is opening wide, have to show some respect opening 3x. Just my thoughts. Disclaimer I'm a newbie :)

bushy_lufc

bushy_lufc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am going with the above here, more often than not nothing good will come of calling pre flop... youre going to be forced out of the pot with the best hand a lot of the time by c bets on boards that do not connect wit you and when you flop an Ace youll be unsure where you are due to kicker problems and flopping a 5 will rarely be top pair and youll be worries about over pairs.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands