$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Full house vs. raise All In

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First hand at 300 $ Weekly Frerroll CC. What do you think - Should I fold on the river after raising my opponent?

pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - 10/20 - 8 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

dzob_killer (UTG): 2,000 (100 bb)
poisonn_86 (UTG+1): 2,000 (100 bb)
EthericWiki (MP): 2,000 (100 bb)
lovemiscou (MP+1): 2,000 (100 bb)
Tr4cid (CO): 2,000 (100 bb)
hughdhat (BU): 2,000 (100 bb)
IgorScorps (SB): 2,000 (100 bb)
shane9632 (BB): 2,000 (100 bb)

Pre-Flop: (30) Hero (dzob_killer) is UTG with K K
dzob_killer (UTG) raises to 50, 3 players fold, Tr4cid (CO) calls 50, 3 players fold

Flop: (130) 8 7 7 (2 players)
dzob_killer (UTG) bets 65, Tr4cid (CO) calls 65

Turn: (260) 6 (2 players)
dzob_killer (UTG) bets 130, Tr4cid (CO) calls 130

River: (520) 7 (2 players)
dzob_killer (UTG) bets 260, Tr4cid (CO) raises to 1,755 (all-in), dzob_killer (UTG) calls 1,495 (all-in)

Total pot: 4,030

Showdown:
Tr4cid (CO) shows 8 8 (a full house, Eights full of Sevens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 19%, Flop: 91%, Turn: 95%, River: 100%)

dzob_killer (UTG) shows K K (a full house, Sevens full of Kings)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 81%, Flop: 9%, Turn: 5%, River: 0%)

Tr4cid (CO) wins 4,030

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, this should typically be a bet-fold on the river, when you are 100BB deep. There are not that many logical hands, you lose to, but at the same time his line is extremely strong and will usually be something, that beat your full house. It could be 8´s full, or it could even be quads. He is also overbetting, so you are not getting a good price.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think given this situation it's easy to put our opponent on an 8 and while he could have a 7 it's just extremely unlikely. In these freerolls I've seen tons of guys spaz out in rivers like this and they only have an 8. Our hand is just too strong to fold and it's a freeroll so we should be making this call alot since we are bankrolled for this tournament - we are only losing to 88, AA and a 7x. Personally I think I would have check-called river to induce a bluff from my opponent since my hand is super strong and a bet on the river is only getting called by an 8, an overpair, or a reaaaaalllly sticky 6. We have to ask ourselves when we bet this river - what worse hand can call a bet here? Not too many...while our opponent may have lots of missed straight draws he would bet on the river as a bluff when checked to. We miss out on those bluffs when we bet and fold them out. Make sense?

Hope this helps!

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nobody would fold this full house.

AA would 3bet, 88 is unlikely, 7x is very unlikely, so there are no Hands that beat KK but would still go for value (99-QQ; 8x 6x; Maybe even 22-55)
it's just a cooler, no Need to Analyse anything here.

Last edited:
V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think, this should typically be a bet-fold on the river, when you are 100BB deep. There are not that many logical hands, you lose to, but at the same time his line is extremely strong and will usually be something, that beat your full house. It could be 8´s full, or it could even be quads. He is also overbetting, so you are not getting a good price.

in a freeroll I would NEVER fold because I think someone beat me on this board. I would only think About getting the max value out of him.

there are a lot of pocket pairs and 8x or even 6x that would pay us our better full house. folding here is losing a lot of Money, no matter if it's 50bb or 100bb Deep

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would of folded when he showed this much strength as I know the opponent well and I could easily put him on a 8's or a 7.

I would of called if I don't know the opponent well or he was just a maniac.

AntA_KO_v

AntA_KO_v

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as for me - I'm trying not to go allin in freerolls in first 10-15 hands because of crazy monkeys that goes allin with every 2 cards =) even with AA... but KK on this board seems very strong hand and opp could have 9T or 45 to play that line

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Essentially Hero just had an overpair on the river, and for me an overpair is not a standard stack-off in a single raised pot 100BB deep. Sure this was a pretty good board for KK with no straights or flushes and very few sets to worry about. But this is more of less compensated by the fact, that we lose to any random 7X, that Villain might have decided to play.

Also I am not on board with the idea, that Villain would jam the river with 8X. 8X is essentially just top pair, and while bad players sometimes overplay top pair on a low board, they tend to do it on the flop, because they want to fold out hands like AK and protect their hand. On the river however there is nothing to protect against, so if Villain had 8X, I strongly feel, he would have just called. Which mean, his range is polarized to either quads, 8`s full or a complete airball bluff.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you fold KK here, with what you will call. Never mind if it’s first hand or it’s hundred and first. Ir will be to nitty to fold here, and that kind of play almost never wins tournaments. Good call, bad outcome.

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think given this situation it's easy to put our opponent on an 8 and while he could have a 7 it's just extremely unlikely. In these freerolls I've seen tons of guys spaz out in rivers like this and they only have an 8. Our hand is just too strong to fold and it's a freeroll so we should be making this call alot since we are bankrolled for this tournament - we are only losing to 88, AA and a 7x. Personally I think I would have check-called river to induce a bluff from my opponent since my hand is super strong and a bet on the river is only getting called by an 8, an overpair, or a reaaaaalllly sticky 6. We have to ask ourselves when we bet this river - what worse hand can call a bet here? Not too many...while our opponent may have lots of missed straight draws he would bet on the river as a bluff when checked to. We miss out on those bluffs when we bet and fold them out. Make sense?

Hope this helps!

I agree with most said. Especially that villain might be betting worse hands that he might not call/shove. So I wonder if that wouldn’t be the better line on the river, to just XC. If he then shoves we would need to see if we really want to call. But I also agree that you see people do weird stuff on freerolls.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with most said. Especially that villain might be betting worse hands that he might not call/shove. So I wonder if that wouldn’t be the better line on the river, to just XC. If he then shoves we would need to see if we really want to call. But I also agree that you see people do weird stuff on freerolls.

Exactly - I like to consider this player pool a little different but at the same time I don't think we should concentrate on that as a whole. I want to give helpful advice but I don't want you to pickup bad habits from playing one tournament one way and others differently. Does that make sense? Like, we should always be considering the skill level in our current player pool, but at the same time we should always be playing solid poker and not basing most of our decisions on the tendencies of our player pool majority rather than good game fundamentals.

Check-call here on the river is the best line for sure because the 8 is always betting this, some crazy 9T combos may even bet the river, plus our opponents are likely to bluff rivers as well and when we check we give them the chance to do this, while betting generally folds out the hands we already beat and all the hands they would bluff with.

Just wanted to add that in there after my initial post lol. Recognizing this is a freeroll pool is good, but playing solid poker is muumuuch better for our overall game and should be the basis for all of our decisions.