moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there,

99 is very strong to just call there.
You have one limper with 18bb stack and an allin for 6bb.
Best option is to push all in preflop over the 6bb guy. Standard move.

As played I don't know. I think I fold too, but call is not bad either, many times they don't have the ace here. But fold is the safest.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
that hand was push pre flop, the pot was already very big, when you called.

B

bealpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pretty standard fold when he cbets ace high flop multiway with a player all-in he has 0 fold equity so never is bluffing. However why do you flat call pre flop with 99, we only call to induce a shove which we don't want to do with 99, we should just be 3bet shoving pre flop.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As everyone else have said, jam preflop. You dont want to lure the limper to come along and create this extremely awkward situation, where the stack to pot ratio is less than one, you are usually dealing with overcards on the flop, and someone is already all in. So just jam and let the limper make a decision for his entire stack.

As played fold on the flop is completely fine. He did in fact have AX, so you are only questioning this decision, because you would have hit your 2-outer on the turn. But we dont call in poker to hit 2-outers. And as someone said, he is almost never bluffing here, because even when you fold, he still need to beat the all-in player at showdown.

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As everyone else have said, jam preflop. You dont want to lure the limper to come along and create this extremely awkward situation, where the stack to pot ratio is less than one, you are usually dealing with overcards on the flop, and someone is already all in. So just jam and let the limper make a decision for his entire stack.

As played fold on the flop is completely fine. He did in fact have AX, so you are only questioning this decision, because you would have hit your 2-outer on the turn. But we dont call in poker to hit 2-outers. And as someone said, he is almost never bluffing here, because even when you fold, he still need to beat the all-in player at showdown.

100% jam preflop. And exactly for this reason. We don't want to be blown off our equity by playing such an awkward pot OOP. Effectively 18bb stacks here so clear jam with 99 :D

As far as the second part of your argument goes, it's a bit contradictive. You say he's being results oriented by basing the argument on the result (opponent having Ax). Neither of the two should really matter. Unless the result shows us something suprising that we can learn from, we should focus on the decision rather :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As far as the second part of your argument goes, it's a bit contradictive. You say he's being results oriented by basing the argument on the result (opponent having Ax). Neither of the two should really matter. Unless the result shows us something suprising that we can learn from, we should focus on the decision rather :)

The point is, seeing AX gives no reason to question our fold. If he had shown a bluff, then it would be more reasonable to at least ask, if folding was to nitty. Maybe the answer would be "no", but it would make sense to at least think about it and perhaps post the hand to a forum to get the opinion of others.

This hand however likely only ended in a forum, because of what happened, after Hero folded. A bit like when someone ask, if they should have called preflop with 82, because the runout was 87232, and they would have made a full house. Hope this makes sense now :)

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The point is, seeing AX gives no reason to question our fold. If he had shown a bluff, then it would be more reasonable to at least ask, if folding was to nitty. Maybe the answer would be "no", but it would make sense to at least think about it and perhaps post the hand to a forum to get the opinion of others.

This hand however likely only ended in a forum, because of what happened, after Hero folded. A bit like when someone ask, if they should have called preflop with 82, because the runout was 87232, and they would have made a full house. Hope this makes sense now :)

Yeah we're pretty much talking about the same thing. Ofcourse V is going to have Ax in his range here, it doesn't really make us learn anything new. So shouldn't be too focussed on the result, instead on the decision making, which we agree upon :)

So @OP, try to jam preflop. Otherwise we're going to have to play an awkward <1 SPR pot out of position with no actual sidepot. By jamming we realise our equity, plus we isolate a very weak jamming range which isn't a bad thing either. Maybe exploitatively we can flat with AA/KK at these stakes every now and then, but jamming in general gives the best result.

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Due to the size of his stack, he could shove to isolate player 5. He limped the pre-flop, in this case the 99 force against his range. Not to mention fold equity. But post-flop I fold too. I only pay if I know the villain and I know he bluffs. Not being so I fold.

Folding in Poker