$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Fold on turn, what do you think

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the problem when we lead out on this board and bet 2nd pair. We get called and now have no idea where we are in the hand - I am totally fine with a cbet when we are NOT out of position. So after we cbet and get called now we face an awkward turn and I think basically the question here is do we want to play for stacks? For me it's a no. I just dont feel like this villan is going to bet turn and check back all rivers. They went for it earlier in a spot where their spr was 1:1, and now they set it up on the river they may do it again.

Basically what I'm saying is since we are oop vs what seems to be an agro villan I would check 2nd pair with a marginal kicker here and call a reasonable flop bet. If my villan double barrels turn I may consider calling there as well but I think the turn is where we can consider folding. If we get to the river and he triples into us we basically have to fold anything river card that isnt a J - he just never takes this line with worse.

Hope this makes sense and helps out!

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
check-fold is okay. Rly turn is a bad card for your hand. I think you must check fold turn 100%.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, the problems in this hand started preflop. When we open from early position, a lot of players can take position on us, and even when JTs hits the flop, it will often flop a second pair or a top pair with kicker problems, and then we are out of position with a hand, that dont want to play a big pot. This makes it very easy for our opponents to just call us preflop and then take it away after the flop, weather or not they actually have a better hand. So for that reason I just fold preflop, and especially if I have loose and aggressive players between me and the blinds.

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would hardly open this in UTG. I don’t mind the CBet as our perceived range contains quite some aces. Turn is an easy check fold.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
J10 suited is nice hand to play, but only from middle or late positions. For me it’s to lose to open with this hand from UTG. When you’re in position it’s easy to play, if you hit the flop good, if you don’t it’s easy to throw it away.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the hand was well played but I personally do not do the miniraise in that position I would just call and see the action of the other players in the pre-flop, the rest was fine the 6s plus the A came out on the flop was an easy check / fold

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You have no business of being in that hand.
J10s is a 100% open fold utg and utg+1.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold pre. JTs is too weak to Play it in EP with ~20bb. will only get you into trouble

Folding in Poker