$Freeroll NLHE MTT: flush draw in flop - bad beat

H

Haemophile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is just bad luck if your AT was unsuited i would fold to a 3 bet but once you call and flush draw hits flop you have no choice but to shove and the rest as they say is history

The Boss

The Boss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly this is a case where luck was in favor of the player with QQ. Your plays in this hand are fine, but as I say again, this is just a case of luck not being on your side.

S

Sprockett

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me this is a fold when villain 3 bet. He has put a third of his stack in at this point and we are not deep enough to be playing "weak" hands oop. If villain has been 3 betting a lot, I like a shove better than calling, but most of the time this is a fold for me. As played I think you have to get it in on the flop.

Just my 2 cents

No1eJoker

No1eJoker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I should fold that on pre after re-raise!!

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove or fold preflop never just call there.. you should not golf any flop pretty much when you call pre. And this is not a bad beat at all..your opponent was favorite in every street of the hand

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold to the 3bet preflop. Postflop is standard.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly this is a case where luck was in favor of the player with QQ. Your plays in this hand are fine, but as I say again, this is just a case of luck not being on your side.

This is not such a case. I mean, villain has less then 20BB, and gives out 30% of his stack for a re-raise! It pretty much says QQ+, maybe AK. ATs is losing to that range almost always.

If you thought your opponent is doing that with rags, then shove pre, never call, especially out of position.
As played, you did hit the nut flush draw on the flop, called your opponent off, but it is still not him getting lucky or anything, he was ahead both pre and post flop..

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold is probably best with your stack size pre-flop unless the guys is spazz and then I would say jamming would be better than flat calling.

Like others said getting all-in on that flop is super standard.

R

raimundox44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You were out of position, and had staked only 2BB, then the most prudent fold. But just out of curiosity, the villain was loose or tight? If it was loose you play well, you only need to remember to never give action to the tight player, it can be costly.

R

Roblandinho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold preflop was best option and it was not a bad beat because you were in the back all the time.

Full Flush Poker