4 folds, CO calls 100, Hero raises to 250, fold, BB calls 150, CO calls 150

Flop: (800, 3 players) :10c4: :jc4: :3d4:
BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets 300, fold, CO calls 300

Turn: (1,400, 2 players) :kd4:
CO bets 3,762 and is all-in, Hero calls 3,762

River: (8,924, 2 players) :2c4:

Results: 8,924 pot (0 rake)
Final Board: :10c4: :jc4: :3d4: :kd4: :2c4:

CO shows :9c4: :qc4:: (Flush, Queen High)
(Pre 50%, Flop 68%, Turn 60%)

Hero shows :qs4: :9s4:: (Straight, King High)
(Pre 50%, Flop 32%, Turn 40%)

CO wins 8,924

:fight:

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For the most part this is a cooler but that doesnt mean that the hand cant be analyzed a bit for future times when we get in a similar spot. I'd first point out that unless the blinds are aggressive players I would not be raising here since I dont think the cutoff is ever folding to a raise to 250. As long as I thought the blinds would not raise I would just over limp here, try to see a flop cheaply and then only bloat the pot if I liked what I saw. The raise is not bad by any means since you are in position and could get the blinds to fold but I think calling here is slightly better but that is just my opinion.

The rest of the hand I dont think there is much I would do differently other than possibly expect villain to possibly have the hand they show. I think you can bet more on the flop to charge flush draws but that doesnt change this specific hand. When villain donk jams into you on the turn after you hit the straight and there are still no flushes made yet I think we can narrow him down to a set (unlikely because he would probably check raise the flop), two pair, and the hand that he has. I throw AQ out due to open limping pre flop. I am still calling this turn as I am not folding a straight here which is 2nd nuts when we established 1st nuts makes no sense given the pre flop action. I would just think in the back of mind it is possible villain is free rolling here. Tough luck on this hand

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I think, it is fine to isolate the limper here, but your size needs to be much larger. When you only go to 2,5BB, you are pricing him in to call with his entire range, and big blind will also call a very large percentage of the time. What you ideally want is for everyone to fold, or at least for the blinds to fold, so you deny their equity and go heads up against the limper.

Flop
Totally fine to C-bet our OESD but once again your sizing is very small. You have Q high, so you want them to fold, and when you bet this small, at least one opponent will usually call.

Turn
You hit the nuts and he donk shove into you. This is of course great, and you should beat him into the pot.

Result
Turns out you were behind to the freerollers, and to make matters worse he got his flush. Just an unfortunate situation and runout, and it is, what it is. Key takeaway is to raise larger preflop, when someone has limped into the pot, and to make your C-bet larger on the flop. Would probably not have changed this particular outcome but will win you more chips in the long run.

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop
I think, it is fine to isolate the limper here, but your size needs to be much larger. When you only go to 2,5BB, you are pricing him in to call with his entire range, and big blind will also call a very large percentage of the time. What you ideally want is for everyone to fold, or at least for the blinds to fold, so you deny their equity and go heads up against the limper.

Flop
Totally fine to C-bet our OESD but once again your sizing is very small. You have Q high, so you want them to fold, and when you bet this small, at least one opponent will usually call.

Turn
You hit the nuts and he donk shove into you. This is of course great, and you should beat him into the pot.

Result
Turns out you were behind to the freerollers, and to make matters worse he got his flush. Just an unfortunate situation and runout, and it is, what it is. Key takeaway is to raise larger preflop, when someone has limped into the pot, and to make your C-bet larger on the flop. Would probably not have changed this particular outcome but will win you more chips in the long run.

Thank you fundiver, appreciate your feedback! Definitely i will take your words to heart and reflect on it to bring more variance to my bet sizing.:rolleyes:

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunate cooler. That kind of thing happens a lot in Omaha. Get it in with the nuts, but villain has redraws.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules