$Freeroll NLHE MTT: doubt about the line of this hand.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello mates.
Sunday Storm 5,50.
I have doubts about whether I play well on the turn.
I had no information about the villain, it was the beginning of the tournament.

I decided to check-call in turn, because I thought the villain could leave weak hands that might have floated.
And also because there was a small chance that the villain had 7X, and control pot, and also let the villain try to bluff.
I had flush draw blocker, so I didn't care about that.
They think it was a better line, bet, bet and check-call on the river.

https://www.boomplayer.com/31887301_14DB856834

gl to all:D

Last edited:
vuk011

vuk011

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well played hand buddy. You pulled the maximum charge here since your opponent had nothing and you let him bluff.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that was good line to take with KK. Good luck.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I probably fire the turn again with the KK and consider a 3rd barrel on the river as well - or possibly checking hoping for missed clubs to bluff so I can check/call. I am never folding the river.

As played since you decided to check the turn - it did induce a bluff from your opponent which you happily called - and took the same line on the river. So at the end of the day, you got 3 streets of value from your KK - nothing wrong with that my friend. Personally I think I am betting the turn but the way you played it was just fine, it was just a more passive route that's all.

X

xrhstos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would bet the turn since there are two flush draws and straight draws out there.

As you played it you can even raise the river to let's say 4k for thin value from mid pairs.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a slightly larger size pre with antes in play is needed but the play was fine also.
I would continue to barrel here on the turn getting value from flush and straight draws.

The line you took got max value well done

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even without reads you managed to take a line, which optimally exploited this particular opponent, and I absolutely love it. There is nothing worse in poker than having someone on your left, who float to liberally, because they have an idea, that they can outplay you later, because they have position, and maybe they also think, they are a better player than you. Checking a strong hand on the turn and then picking off a 2-street bluff send a pretty clear message to this type of player and make the rest of the tournament much easier for us to play :)

Sure you could also have continued to bet for value, but someone like this is probably perfectly capable of raising the turn as a bluff, and now he might actually get away with murder, or you need to risk your entire tournament life. By checking to him you increase the chance of getting to showdown. Its different, if stacks were shorter. Then I prefer to just continue betting, and if he raise, I just get it in on the turn and hope, I am ahead.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands