$Freeroll NLHE MTT: $ : Do you play this hand in utg

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cant be results oriented - facing an early position raise and a flat like that, I'd snap food QJo in this spot so I like the fold.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need a stronger hand to call than open, and QJo is certainly not a open from UTG. You should rarely have any flat calls at all in this situation, since you also have players left behind, that can squeeze. I might call here with hands like AQ or 99-JJ, and that is pretty much it.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You still have a decent stack. You could call and face that bet on the flop, and what are you going to do there? You know you're facing a shove on the flop with either a better Q, higher pair, or flush draw. It's a lot harder for you to improve.

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need a stronger hand to call than open, and QJo is certainly not a open from UTG. You should rarely have any flat calls at all in this situation, since you also have players left behind, that can squeeze. I might call here with hands like AQ or 99-JJ, and that is pretty much it.

This. QJo is not a hand to open for me before CO. It might be on supertight tables but hardly. If it’s too bad to open, it’s. Ist definitely too bad to call an open. You are just bleeding chips if you call any broadways hands offsuit

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing too many hands utg is a common leak.

QJ is an Instant fold.
You wouldn't believe how narrow my range is from there.
Depending on the situation I even open fold A10o there (which might be a leak, got to check that)

Here's a good reference for your starting hands per position:

https://www.cardschat.com/poker-starting-hands.php

L

levidoff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You cannot play with your hand. Maybe 3 bet in bluff. But this is a freeroll. And you will see a lot call. Therefore, you have an easy fold. You played correctly.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you don't have the stack to call or 3bet bluff here. easy fold

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I would have folded too in MP , because:

1.We are often dominated against EP open raise range ,
2.If we flat still it is not 100% sure that we will have position in the hand if someone calls behind
3.There are some stacks after you which can easily 3bet jam and QJo is not a hand we want to flip for our tournament life.
4.Unfortunately with 25bbs we don't have so much room to maneuver so it is better to safe our stack for better spots and especially not multi-way.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands