Hero checks, SB checks

Turn: (120) 2
spade4.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets 60, SB calls 60

River: (240) K
diamond4.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets 120, SB raises to 420, Hero raises to 660 and is all-in, SB calls 180 and is all-in

Results: 1,440 pot
Final Board: Q
heart4.gif
heart4.gif
diamond4.gif
spade4.gif
K
diamond4.gif

Hero showed Q
diamond4.gif
Q
club4.gif
and won 1,440 (720 net)
SB showed 3
spade4.gif
K
club4.gif
and lost (-720 net)

C

Caissa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you got all your chips in you played the QQ just fine. Betting the flop would have been ok too.

L

lokinet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
your right the hand and the score ended just fine but I was nut sure if the way tho that was/is the right one

A

artur94x

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
set QQ, a good board, then what you need to go all-in

E

Edvin55555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played ok. Probably bet on river was too small.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would raise a little more preflop. Then its fine

L

lokinet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would raise a little more preflop. Then its fine

my usual raise is about 3 to 4 BB. Is that to low ? why.

thought when I push too much in noone will pay it

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like you raised 2x right? If you were doing from early or middle position you'd invite others to come into the pot with you.

U

ucdengboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like you raised 2x right? If you were doing from early or middle position you'd invite others to come into the pot with you.
The post does not make sense. Hero is in the BB and raises 3X over the SB call. No problem there. Then all following streets the hero is acting first which is not correct as the SB should be first to act.

But no he is not in an early or mid position... I think.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
You did OK, but After the Flop, I would have bet a lot more, so to Stop any Flush attempt. Given that oportunity is never a nice idea.

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I should start by noting I am an experienced cash small stakes player who has been branching out into tournaments. That said, I try an keep all of my preflop raises the same size. If Hero is BB and SB calls $40 that implies the blinds were 20/10 which makes the 40 chip raise after SB completes a little light.

I disagree with the the slow play also. Villain is getting a free draw to her possible flush, IMHO Hero's flop bet should be standard too. To me a 1/2 pot Cbet looks more standard and less scary than the check.

Th two on the river is a complete blank. Very few of villain's combos have a 2. The two is a blank for Hero's range too. The bet on the turn looks like a delayed Cbet.

The K on the river is a great card for Hero as it turns out. The flush didn't come in and the K embolden Villain to over play her hand.

One should also remember this is early in a free roll. There are lots of players that are looking to get it in early to double up or go home before too much time is wasted. In real money games I'd think Villain wouldn't push on the river with top pair and terrible kicker.

L

lokinet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks.
i didn't thought, that I with the small cbet I were off. buh you are right i gave a hearts flush draw a cheap card thank

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As you doubled up, it was perfect.
As others have said: you should have cbet post flop.
The risk would have been that the villain would have folded after another cbet on the turn.

L

lokinet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As you doubled up, it was perfect.
As others have said: you should have cbet post flop.
The risk would have been that the villain would have folded after another cbet on the turn.

yeah the result was perfect. but I try to improve my game and don't want to depend on my luck so in my opinion that you won a hand doesnt mean you played well

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you do the same always, you'll become predictable to others and loose...
Ideally you change your style, depending the cards, the board and the other players.

M

MstrBlast3r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Over all I think the play is fine. You got all your chips in with the best hand. Something is wrong with your description after the preflop action. You are in the BB against the SB but you are first to act on the flop, turn and river? Anyway I think the check on the flop is fine, be sure to mix up this play and don't always check your sets or you will be to easy to read. I think your river bet could be sized up to 3/4 to full pot but can't argue with how it played out for you.

Good Luck

S

Spns777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a very good game. Opponent gave to you all his chips.