$Freeroll NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Question 2 shove range.

N

nlPokerBoy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In this second question we will be dealt 4 different hands and will be facing 4 shoves of the same size 12,5 BB from different position and the question is: what is the best spot to call the all in?

hand: http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/tpl...B_iframe=true&height=240&width=400&id=8423867

A) In this hand we are holding pocket 5 in the BB and the UTG shoves 12,5 bb. I think this is the worse answer, we are either flipping against two over cards or we are big underdogs against an over pair, as I don’t think he would be shoving trash from the UTG with 12 blinds, maybe in the next orbit if he don’t get any chance to handle his stack.

B) The hand is exactly the same we have the same stack, but this time we are holding Kd Qs and the button is the one who shoves 12,5 BB. I think this is the right answer as this time there are only 2 people to speak after him and he really needs to steal those blinds so his shove range is way wider, I think this is the best spot to call we probably are ahead of a great part of his shove range.

C) This time we are holding Ah Tc and the UTG+1 shoves 12,5 bb. I don’t like calling here, I don’t think we are ahead of a great part of his range, we might flip against his pairs, we are underdogs against +TT and there is a lot of stronger aces in his range which we are big underdogs. We are only ahead of KQ, KJ or QJ and I am not really sure he shoves those hands from an early position.

D) the last one we are holding QTs and the Cutoff shoves the 12,5 bbs, I think this is the second best answer as the shove of the CO have a wider range and QTs is an ok hand, but I still think the KQo against the shove of the BU is better, what do you guys think?

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A) Call
B) Call
C) Fold
D) Fold

B

bumerangue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call in all exemples, depending on the villain's skills

STALKE88

STALKE88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not understand much, since I'm new at poker, but I think that option C

P

piirozok

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A) Fold, due to two factors: The player goes all-in through the whole table, his spectrum will often be an overpair more than ours or we will be an underdog and our stack allows us to wait for a more favorable situation.
B) Here we will often be 60 to 40. Call. If there is no information about the opponent.
C) AhTc here is the same bad hand for calling, as well as 55.
D) QTs is not the hand that I would have given half of my stack. I can give 1/4 of my stack.
glhf