John Turnner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This hand 14 players last, 2seatuot, my stack is third:

me is bold

Game started at: 2019/2/5 3:51:15
Game ID: 1369077939 1500/3000 $10 Freeroll - On Demand, Table 46 (Hold'em)
Seat 7 is the button
Seat 1: pkr8762 (61948).
Seat 2: MilitantX (72574).
Seat 3: tdccarpenter (15090).
Seat 6: kzhu198 (93926).
Seat 7: suum cuique (45080).
Seat 8: John TurNer (82132).
Seat 9: Camenbert (134085).
Player John TurNer ante (300)
Player Camenbert ante (300)
Player pkr8762 ante (300)
Player MilitantX ante (300)
Player tdccarpenter ante (300)
Player kzhu198 ante (300)
Player suum cuique ante (300)
Player John TurNer has small blind (1500)
Player Camenbert has big blind (3000)
Player John TurNer received card: [Ac]
Player John TurNer received card: [Kd]
Player Camenbert received a card.
Player Camenbert received a card.
Player pkr8762 received a card.
Player pkr8762 received a card.
Player MilitantX received a card.
Player MilitantX received a card.
Player tdccarpenter received a card.
Player tdccarpenter received a card.
Player kzhu198 received a card.
Player kzhu198 received a card.
Player suum cuique received a card.
Player suum cuique received a card.
Player pkr8762 folds
Player MilitantX folds
Player tdccarpenter folds
Player kzhu198 raises (6900)
Player suum cuique allin (44780)
Player John TurNer calls (43280)
Player Camenbert folds
Player kzhu198 folds
*** FLOP ***: [6s 5s 8h]
*** TURN ***: [6s 5s 8h] [9c]
*** RIVER ***: [6s 5s 8h 9c] [3d]
------ Summary ------
Pot: 101560
Board: [6s 5s 8h 9c 3d]
Player pkr8762 does not show cards.Bets: 300. Collects: 0. Loses: 300.
Player MilitantX does not show cards.Bets: 300. Collects: 0. Loses: 300.
Player tdccarpenter does not show cards.Bets: 300. Collects: 0. Loses: 300.
Player kzhu198 does not show cards.Bets: 7200. Collects: 0. Loses: 7200.
*Player suum cuique shows: One pair of Qs [Qs Qc]. Bets: 45080. Collects: 101560. Wins: 56480.
Player John TurNer shows: High card A [Ac Kd]. Bets: 45080. Collects: 0. Loses: 45080.
Player Camenbert does not show cards.Bets: 3300. Collects: 0. Loses: 3300.

At the time of hand, I was thinking about the top-3. By this played all-in. But now I doubt it. Maybe the question is stupid.
I dont have ICM calculator, please count, do I need to play all in? THANK.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't need a calculator to figure out what to do in this situation. If you have an advantage over your opponents in the post-flop, then you'd better fold in such situations.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You have around 50bb and you're calling with AK for about half your stack. How close are you to the money? How many players left? What is the payout structure? Those are significant for considering ICM. But it just looks like an unnecessary gamble really.. doesn't look like you need to calculate anything.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
OP doesn't have 50bb, he has 27bb so calling a shove with AKo is standard.

ICM is a bubble situation or a FT, there was 14 people left, so I would definitely call the AI with AKo for the DU... We have to take flips to win tournaments, and I would definitely have taken that flip!

John Turnner

John Turnner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have around 50bb and you're calling with AK for about half your stack. How close are you to the money? How many players left? What is the payout structure? Those are significant for considering ICM. But it just looks like an unnecessary gamble really.. doesn't look like you need to calculate anything.

My mistake, I was sure I wrote. Okay, now it doesn't matter.

OP doesn't have 50bb, he has 27bb so calling a shove with AKo is standard.

ICM is a bubble situation or a FT, there was 14 people left, so I would definitely call the AI with AKo for the DU... We have to take flips to win tournaments, and I would definitely have taken that flip!

During the distribution, I thought so. In the morning, doubts began to prevail ... Thank you.

W

whosdaboss25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yah there were 4 shorter stacks then you atleast with 14 players remaining with a big shove what position where you in here? at the table as far as button that is ? That a factor I don't care if you have AKo or AKs in this situation with 14 players left and a chance to maybe ladder I have to think long and hard about it and if there are callers ahead of me I fold. Yeah I know folding is a bit nitty but if you want to get paid sometimes we have to be nitty and survive and thrive like they say.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My mistake, I was sure I wrote. Okay, now it doesn't matter.

During the distribution, I thought so. In the morning, doubts began to prevail ... Thank you.
I think I just didn't understand what you wrote because I didn't look closely enough. I see you put 14 players left and 12 get paid. ICM will still require more information about the payout structure for the top 12 to calculate values for the chips.

In the end I see my eyeballing math was really off and you had closer to 27bb than 50bb. I don't know what ICM will tell you as there is too much data missing, but you took a risk with the all in as there was a bigger stack yet to act behind you. I think ICM would tell you to lay it down here. I'm not sure if you put your opponent on a range here but any pair shoving will have minimum >50% equity against you starting with 22.. but realistically what would your villain be shoving with here?

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never folding AK preflop in a freeroll

Now if this was a game with a buyin, it might change things. CO should be opening fairly wide lets just guess it at (JTs+, 22+, KJos+, Axs, A8o+) just hoping to take down blinds or get callers and go postflop and button could very well be close to ATC or top 85% or so because getting a reshove through here adds 33% to his stack uncontested, if he gets called he normally has around 35-40% equity for the double up but he does have to get through the blinds as well, so maybe we can tighten his range a little bit more but I still think he should be jamming top 50% of hands at the least.

That being said I think AK is wayyyyy too strong vs his shoving range to not call here, but we would much rather be the one pushing chips in first so I would be ok with you folding if you are comfortable finding profitable spots to chip up instead of calling off.

Last edited:
revizor

revizor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you had 40bb i would call in your place. You are after this stake, just swapped places with him. A-K vs10-10, J-J, Q-Q has 42-44%. You literally threw a coin. And i think you shouldn't have done that.