$Freeroll NLHE MTT: confused

G

Goonsquad1217

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Mid tournment and playing tight so most all in guys are gone. Full table.
Villian checks fold,fold,fold mid position goes all in. Fold,fold I'm buttonso I raise huge with pocket kings. Sb calls and flop is 2,4,5 off. He goes all in which he barly covers me. Turn is an 8 and bam river is a 3. Goes great with his a,k off.

Is this crazy or just a donk going to the finish line with my chips. My years has been like this ten fold online. Live I'm crashing the table.

I just can't see a big raise and then a huge raise calling with A,K off. Tell me I'm wrong.
o_O and the mid position had pocket 10s.

G

Goonsquad1217

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Must be my day to lose.

Second tourney second hand I get pocket kings. Bb goes all in with pocket jacks. Mp calls with a,3 diamonds I call and button called with pocket 8s.
Worst hand makes a straight. Far to common worst hand wins the pot.

I guess I should mention it's ARc so anything is possible on a unregulated site. I have to mention these two plays are the only time my pocket kings didn't have a ace on the flop. Probably the most flop card on the site.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hey
Bad beats are part of playing poker.

I can site inumerable examples of bad beats.

Thats what poker is.

You play correct every step of the hand, and still you get busted, not because you played wrong or poor skill but thats how some hands end your tournament life.

You flop a set and lose on the river to a str8 or flush.

You make a str8 and lose to a FH on the river.

Poker at its best..

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mid tournment and playing tight so most all in guys are gone. Full table.
Villian checks fold,fold,fold mid position goes all in. Fold,fold I'm buttonso I raise huge with pocket kings. Sb calls and flop is 2,4,5 off. He goes all in which he barly covers me. Turn is an 8 and bam river is a 3. Goes great with his a,k off.

Is this crazy or just a donk going to the finish line with my chips. My years has been like this ten fold online. Live I'm crashing the table.

I just can't see a big raise and then a huge raise calling with A,K off. Tell me I'm wrong.

o_O and the mid position had pocket 10s.

You dont give any information about blinds and stack sizes, which makes it very difficult to analyse a tournament hand. But seriously do you expect someone to fold AK preflop in a freeroll? Its probably not even the correct play with short stacks, and even if it is, he is not good enough, or he dont care enough about his chips, because its a freeroll. He could have gone all in before the flop but decided to run a stop and go instead, when he connected with the flop. Seems pretty reasonable to me, so I would certainly not call him a donk.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Must be my day to lose.

Second tourney second hand I get pocket kings. Bb goes all in with pocket jacks. Mp calls with a,3 diamonds I call and button called with pocket 8s.
Worst hand makes a straight. Far to common worst hand wins the pot.

I guess I should mention it's ARc so anything is possible on a unregulated site. I have to mention these two plays are the only time my pocket kings didn't have a ace on the flop. Probably the most flop card on the site.

Get over it man. You are playing freerolls or micro stakes tournaments, so of course there are going to be bad players, who make incorrect calls. In this 4-way all in A3s was actually the hand with most equity next after your KK, so of course he is going to win the pot rather frequently. It was actually the guys with JJ and 88, who were in bad shape here, and the call with 88 is also very questionable with 3 other people in the pot already.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1.) really confusing post with a lot of important Infos missing (stack sizes, bet sizes, …). look at other Posts and how they post their Hands or even use a Hand converter
2.) There is another Forum for Posting bad beats https://www.cardschat.com/forum/bad-beats-vents-71/
3.) If you don't have any Questions regarding your Play/hand, what is the Point in in the Hand Analysis section? just for compassion?
4.) KK multiway all-in vs A3s, JJ and 88 you are only 40-45% fav (depends on suits). so out of 10 times, you will lose About 5-6 times and only win 4-5 times…..
5.) KK vs AKo vs TT you have About 55% Equity. It's almost a flip

good luck next time

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I used to play AK off, pretty heavy, but have since learned it gets beat alot. Now I try to see the flop. Bad beats everywhere. Welcome to poker, it is not for the weak.

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$Freeroll NLHE MTT

it is hard to get people to fold with A,K most of the time if they hit part of the flop they will fish all the way down to the river to win the hand. diffidently if it A rag suited if they hit one card of the same suit they have in there hand for get they are not folding unless you have the winning hand and the turn card is not in there suit.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The villain with pocket AK has conceived a trap. He would be deeply disappointed to see your kings. But fortune gave him a fortune and nothing depended on you. The flop is a little embarrassing, its structure causes certain concerns and perhaps it was not worthwhile in this situation to be too aggressive.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if he puts your range 88+ AQs+
The only part of your range that scares him preflop is AA KK
Which hands preflop would he have 3 bet with qq kk aa
So his flat call hands are ak jj 10s 9s 8s
he doesnt need 50% equity to make a semiright /move for it is a 3 way pot
The scary part of your range on the flop is ALL of it to him. great call. dumb opponent

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know this is difficult - I also have issues with it as well - but attempt to focus on - could YOU have done ANYTHING else in both of those situations?

No, well you could have folded - which would have been wrong.

But no - you made the correct plays in both situations so - you DID your job correctly. Only someone else got lucky. The reason suckouts happen to good players is because, as (I'm including myself in this group) good players, we don't play junk hands and make correct plays. So the suckouts are the ones that make bad plays and get lucky.

If a player reflects on the play - rather than the outcome - bad beats and suckouts are easier to digest, or so I've been told.

I also think A/K guy didn't do anything incorrect, although I'd bet it straight and just call your big bet, rather than attempting a silly trap with a unmade hand.

Maybe this will make you feel better.
Me running in 3rd place in chips in the $50gtd on ACR.
My rockets just got crushed from player who called my 4x preflop bet with 7/5 s from UTG+2. He hits the flop with the 7 and I pot the bet. He calls and he hits his second pair on the turn, and destroys my run for the final table.
Last hand that busted me.
4 limpers, I make the call on the button with 6/5 suited. I still have about 20bb left.
BB also comes along. Flop is beautiful - 595. Their is my set! BB bets 3k. everyone folds but me, I call.
Turn is X BB bets 8k I call.
River is X BB puts me all in - I'm dancing - maybe my run for the final table will rebound.
BB turns over 9/5 off for the boat.

Out in min-cash.

Could have I done anything else differently? Yes - I could have folded preflop. Other than that - no - I called him all the way down, and that was the correct play every street. So - lets see what tomorrow brings.

D

darpblog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played it right, your opponent made a mistake, he got lucky, would you rather having them fold everytime there? Of course not, because otherwise you don't win their chips. To win in poker you have to lose some.