$Freeroll NLHE MTT Bounty: Is this a bingo call?

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am in a private freeroll on Friday Nights NLH and am usually the bounty. The FR is an R/A as well.

I am SB, currently 13 players left and only 6 on my table:

Blinds are 1000/500 I have 2743 chips after auto posting small blind.

I am still confused about the terminology for each position, so added P1-6 in order of whom acted first from the initial deal in case i am wrong.

P1 = UTG - folds - 69,46 chips
P2 = MP folds 23,249 chips
P3 = Cutoff Raises to 3k 56,865 chips
p4 = Dealer folds
p5 = SB me K7S 2,743 Chips after initial sb post
P6 = BB folds

My though here is I have been card dead the past hour this is the best hand I have seen albeit not a great hand. But I have less than 2.5 BB left including bounty and ante.

3 folds to me means I am going up against at most two players and maybe I can get the BB to fold if I push. So I push all in.

BB folds and villain shows JJ, I get lucky hit a K on the flop and take the hand down.

What I found curious was in chat the villain stated I was just playing BINGO

I shrugged it off not really caring but after thinking about it wanted to make sure I am not missing something. Had I folded with only 6 on the table I will be in BB very soon and the blinds + ante at 125 will expedite my demise even quicker with only 2743 chips <2.5 BB left

So my question is/was this a stupid call? I am not interested in looking at the result I get that I got lucky hitting my K. From my perspective though, even any two cards has some validity here given that I am going up against at most two players and likely 1 player by pushing all in. I always consider under 10 BB push fold position depending on everyone else's stack and here i was clearly the short stack and easy to push around with less than 3bb to go. and a likely demise by my next SB

No reason in my mind the cutoff would not push me into an all in with a garbage hand as well since losing to me has no affect on his chip position.

Anyway curious as to your thoughts thanks

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am in a private freeroll on Friday Nights NLH and am usually the bounty. The FR is an R/A as well.

I am SB, currently 13 players left and only 6 on my table:

Blinds are 1000/500 I have 2743 chips after auto posting small blind.

I am still confused about the terminology for each position, so added P1-6 in order of whom acted first from the initial deal in case i am wrong.

P1 = UTG - folds - 69,46 chips
P2 = MP folds 23,249 chips
P3 = Cutoff Raises to 3k 56,865 chips
p4 = Dealer folds
p5 = SB me K7S 2,743 Chips after initial sb post
P6 = BB folds

My though here is I have been card dead the past hour this is the best hand I have seen albeit not a great hand. But I have less than 2.5 BB left including bounty and ante.

3 folds to me means I am going up against at most two players and maybe I can get the BB to fold if I push. So I push all in.

BB folds and villain shows JJ, I get lucky hit a K on the flop and take the hand down.

What I found curious was in chat the villain stated I was just playing BINGO

I shrugged it off not really caring but after thinking about it wanted to make sure I am not missing something. Had I folded with only 6 on the table I will be in BB very soon and the blinds + ante at 125 will expedite my demise even quicker with only 2743 chips <2.5 BB left

So my question is/was this a stupid call? I am not interested in looking at the result I get that I got lucky hitting my K. From my perspective though, even any two cards has some validity here given that I am going up against at most two players and likely 1 player by pushing all in. I always consider under 10 BB push fold position depending on everyone else's stack and here i was clearly the short stack and easy to push around with less than 3bb to go. and a likely demise by my next SB

No reason in my mind the cutoff would not push me into an all in with a garbage hand as well since losing to me has no affect on his chip position.

Anyway curious as to your thoughts thanks
Even if villain has a very tight range, with all the dead money in there this should be a shove/call all in due to how short you are.

Id fold vs tighter players if we had 3.5bb+ though.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Bingo??? no not at all Ace, you did the right thing, he just had a bad case of sour grapes. I hope you took him out eventually!!! lol

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
at that point it is call with any two basically.

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bingo play is more like shoving 27o and hoping to hit 772 on the flop. You actually have an ok hand here with the potential flush and a top pair, which you hit. When your short stacked liked that this hand is a no brains open shove so you played it really well. If you lost that guy wouldn't have cared less, he's just being a sore loser getting his JJ beat. Just remember when your short stacked like that it basically becomes fold or shove and the range to do this get's a lot larger as you move around the table, so opening K7s shove from the SB is a perfectly fine play imo. Congrats on taking that hand down and beating the guy that can't handle losing hands :thefinger lol

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the feedback folks. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something - Appreciate it! Good luck to you all on the felt!

eidikos

eidikos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi!
you had to push 2 rounds before..
with 2 bb there is nothing you can do
never go below 8 bb without shoving