$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Is the bet size correct in the pre-flop, flop, turn and river?

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Is the bet size correct in the pre-flop, flop, turn and river?

pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - 50/100 - 8 players
Replay this hand on Upswing Poker

UTG: 1,195 (12 bb)
UTG+1: 1,786 (18 bb)
MP: 2,250 (23 bb)
MP+1: 3,354 (34 bb)
CO: 3,340 (33 bb)
BU: 2,835 (28 bb)
SB (Hero): 1,390 (14 bb)
BB: 2,115 (21 bb)

Pre-Flop: (150) Hero is SB with Q Q
6 players fold, Hero raises to 300, BB calls 200

Flop: (600) 5 9 8 (2 players)
Hero bets 300, BB calls 300

Turn: (1,200) T (2 players)
Hero bets 790 (all-in), BB calls 790

River: (2,780) 3 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: 2,780

Showdown:
SB (Hero) shows Q Q (a pair of Queens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 18%, Flop: 11%, Turn: 14%, River: 0%)

BB shows A A (a pair of Aces)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 82%, Flop: 89%, Turn: 86%, River: 100%)

BB wins 2,780

Is the bet size correct in the pre-flop, flop and turn?
My question is about the size of the bet in the pre-flop, flop and turn when I am in this position where there is only BB left to play, it costs me a little to know the size of my bet with a premium hand like QQ.

Thank you for your answers

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
PokerStars, Hold'em No Limit - 50/100 - 8 players
Replay this hand on Upswing Poker

UTG: 1,195 (12 bb)
UTG+1: 1,786 (18 bb)
MP: 2,250 (23 bb)
MP+1: 3,354 (34 bb)
CO: 3,340 (33 bb)
BU: 2,835 (28 bb)
SB (Hero): 1,390 (14 bb)
BB: 2,115 (21 bb)

Pre-Flop: (150) Hero is SB with Q[emoji814] Q[emoji813]
6 players fold, Hero raises to 300, BB calls 200

Flop: (600) 5[emoji813] 9[emoji814] 8[emoji813] (2 players)
Hero bets 300, BB calls 300

Turn: (1,200) T[emoji815] (2 players)
Hero bets 790 (all-in), BB calls 790

River: (2,780) 3[emoji815] (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: 2,780

Showdown:
SB (Hero) shows Q[emoji814] Q[emoji813] (a pair of Queens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 18%, Flop: 11%, Turn: 14%, River: 0%)

BB shows A[emoji813] A[emoji814] (a pair of Aces)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 82%, Flop: 89%, Turn: 86%, River: 100%)

BB wins 2,780

My question is about the size of the bet in the pre-flop, flop and turn when I am in this position where there is only BB left to play, it costs me a little to know the size of my bet with a premium hand like QQ.

Thank you for your answers
Regarding a regular+ player I think on the turn card your hand lost its extraction value and have decide for a bet for protection wishing villain fold or checkcheck on the river; or check turn to checkcheck river to try see a cheaper showdown. This board there is no good trends for a pair. What hands would you like to be called on the turn? I think with that move on that board you get called only for better hands than yours. A bet for protection onthe turn did mean your all in, so I think you had to have opted for the pot control.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regarding a regular+ player I think on the turn card your hand lost its extraction value and have decide for a bet for protection wishing villain fold or checkcheck on the river; or check turn to checkcheck river to try see a cheaper showdown. This board there is no good trends for a pair. What hands would you like to be called on the turn? I think with that move on that board you get called only for better hands than yours. A bet for protection onthe turn did mean your all in, so I think you had to have opted for the pot control.
Thanks for the answer I would like to be more specific with the questions so I will extend it to three

1. is the raise in pre-flop x3 okay? I say this because everyone did fold less than the BB that was left to play, tried to give value to the hand but I ask was my bet short or was it ok?

2. The flop has two hearts I mean there is a flus draw, in a range of the opponent Ax should I have been more aggressive?

3. The turn opens a 10 now I have a draws flush and a draw straight, how to have control of the pot here by check/call only and allowing the opponent a free river?

Of course all this for this particular hand does not work the opponent has AA there was not much to do, I just want to know if the size of my bets was correct in this case being SB with only the BB to play. I really appreciate your response and I hope if you want it that you can answer these three. Thank you

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You played fine until turn. The shove was a decent attempt to bluff a flush but your villain was just not sophisticated enough to fold his aces. It's just a standard pair over pair where the guy with the aces just isn't going to fold.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am usually shoving most of my hands with 14bbs preflop. But as played is fine

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop:
Limp-call is ok
Limp-push is ok
Open-push is ok
Open-minraise is ok
Open-3bb is a face up.
Flop check-push is ok

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sizing is fine to me. kinda strange that he played AA so passive.
I wouldn't mind to shove 14bb Blind vs Blind or try to induce a raise from the BB by limping QQ in the SB.

a check in first Position to pot Control? Overall your Statement doesn't make sense to me if you consider that we Play SB vs BB.
the T on the turn gives as some Outs for a straight and should not Change a lot. it's also important that we block straight and flush with our Q of hearts.
with less than a pot size bet behind it's totally fine to shove with QQ on this board. thinking About check fold here with 8bb behind is not an Option for me

1. is the raise in pre-flop x3 okay? I say this because everyone did fold less than the BB that was left to play, tried to give value to the hand but I ask was my bet short or was it ok?

2. The flop has two hearts I mean there is a flus draw, in a range of the opponent Ax should I have been more aggressive?

3. The turn opens a 10 now I have a draws flush and a draw straight, how to have control of the pot here by check/call only and allowing the opponent a free river?

Of course all this for this particular hand does not work the opponent has AA there was not much to do, I just want to know if the size of my bets was correct in this case being SB with only the BB to play. I really appreciate your response and I hope if you want it that you can answer these three. Thank you
1. Like I said in the first Quote, 3x is fine, also shoving or trying to trap with a limp.
2. cbet is fine. we block the fd and even if you shove/bet bigger he would call with the fd
3. you put in a wrong T in your post? because the ten of Diamonds won't give you a fd. the ten of hearts would Change a lot in this Hand!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A stack size of 10-20 BB is actually a bit tricky to play, when it folds to you in SB. With this stack size you normally want to raise very small to not lose to much, when you fold to a rejam. However because you are out of position, a small raise size is not effective. If you mini-raise or make it 2,5BB, he can make a profitable call with almost any two cards in position.

So someone with more tournament expertise than me is welcome to correct me, but I think, this is a spot, where we are supposed to either limp or jam against good aggressive players. And QQ is then probably a limping hand, so that we have hands in our limping range, that work as “traps”, if Villain either raise or put us all in.

As played there is not much to say about postflop. Just a cooler with these stack sizes. Cant even say he got rewarded for his slowplay, because we would obviously have snap called, had he jammed on us preflop. Sometimes we are just destined to get it in bad, and this was such a time.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sizing is fine to me. kinda strange that he played AA so passive.
I wouldn't mind to shove 14bb Blind vs Blind or try to induce a raise from the BB by limping QQ in the SB.

a check in first Position to pot Control? Overall your Statement doesn't make sense to me if you consider that we Play SB vs BB.
the T on the turn gives as some Outs for a straight and should not Change a lot. it's also important that we block straight and flush with our Q of hearts.
with less than a pot size bet behind it's totally fine to shove with QQ on this board. thinking About check fold here with 8bb behind is not an Option for me

1. Like I said in the first Quote, 3x is fine, also shoving or trying to trap with a limp.
2. cbet is fine. we block the fd and even if you shove/bet bigger he would call with the fd
3. you put in a wrong T in your post? because the ten of Diamonds won't give you a fd. the ten of hearts would Change a lot in this Hand!

thanks for your opinion I really appreciate your comment just to clarify the possible flush draw does not appear in turn with the Td is in the flop with the 5h and 8h

FlamengoBR

FlamengoBR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My size is 3x the way you did.You bet correctly.