$Freeroll NLHE MTT: BB Check Raises Flop - My Decision?

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I am Herkstwin in this hand. BB called my pre-flop raise, check-raised me on the flop, then went all-in on the turn. Did baidarko have the other 6, or a pocket pair, or just an Ace? Was my fold the right move, or should I have called, since I had him covered?

CardsChat Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2018/11/25

Seat 1: DagVag14 (2837 in chips)
Seat 2: ZIKASAMASTER (1673 in chips)
Seat 3: ChemistB (1585 in chips)
Seat 4: Napaleon111 (1772 in chips)
Seat 5: ivs888 (2880 in chips)
Seat 6: sp1r1tu4l_33 (4251 in chips)
Seat 7: Herkstwin (4645 in chips)
Seat 8: jmateuspoker (779 in chips)
Seat 9: baidarko (1787 in chips)
jmateuspoker: posts small blind 25
baidarko: posts big blind 50

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Herkstwin [Qs Ad]

DagVag14: folds
ZIKASAMASTER: folds
ChemistB: folds
Napaleon111: folds
ivs888: folds
sp1r1tu4l_33: folds
Herkstwin: raises 200 to 250
jmateuspoker: folds
baidarko: calls 200

*** FLOP *** [6c 6d Jc]

baidarko: checks
Herkstwin: bets 150
baidarko: raises 200 to 350
Herkstwin: calls 200

*** TURN *** [6c 6d Jc] 6♥
baidarko: bets 1187 and is all-in
Herkstwin: folds

Uncalled bet (1187) returned to baidarko
baidarko collected 1225 from pot

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-25 at 3.43.21 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-11-25 at 3.43.21 PM.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 31
SocialBombast

SocialBombast

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am Herkstwin in this hand. BB called my pre-flop raise, check-raised me on the flop, then went all-in on the turn. Did baidarko have the other 6, or a pocket pair, or just an Ace? Was my fold the right move, or should I have called, since I had him covered?

CardsChat Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2018/11/25

Seat 1: DagVag14 (2837 in chips)
Seat 2: ZIKASAMASTER (1673 in chips)
Seat 3: ChemistB (1585 in chips)
Seat 4: Napaleon111 (1772 in chips)
Seat 5: ivs888 (2880 in chips)
Seat 6: sp1r1tu4l_33 (4251 in chips)
Seat 7: Herkstwin (4645 in chips)
Seat 8: jmateuspoker (779 in chips)
Seat 9: baidarko (1787 in chips)
jmateuspoker: posts small blind 25
baidarko: posts big blind 50

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Herkstwin [Qs Ad]

DagVag14: folds
ZIKASAMASTER: folds
ChemistB: folds
Napaleon111: folds
ivs888: folds
sp1r1tu4l_33: folds
Herkstwin: raises 200 to 250
jmateuspoker: folds
baidarko: calls 200

*** FLOP *** [6c 6d Jc]

baidarko: checks
Herkstwin: bets 150
baidarko: raises 200 to 350
Herkstwin: calls 200

*** TURN *** [6c 6d Jc] 6♥
baidarko: bets 1187 and is all-in
Herkstwin: folds

Uncalled bet (1187) returned to baidarko
baidarko collected 1225 from pot

My thoughts are that he either had a full house, quads, or absolutely nothing and he was stone cold bluffing. That being said, you don't have anything either so I think folding was the right call. You're still highest stack at the table and you'll get a better chance to make more later. Too risky imo.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My thoughts are that he either had a full house, quads, or absolutely nothing and he was stone cold bluffing. That being said, you don't have anything either so I think folding was the right call. You're still highest stack at the table and you'll get a better chance to make more later. Too risky imo.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts. I look forward to other thoughts and opinions.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't even really get why you are calling the x/r on the flop. I expect to be behind most of the time and even when we are ahead we are going to have a really hard time getting to showdown.

We don't have meaningful blockers to plan to bluff later in the hand either. I am usually just folding flop, but as played, definitely folding turn.

omnom8

omnom8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't even really get why you are calling the x/r on the flop. I expect to be behind most of the time and even when we are ahead we are going to have a really hard time getting to showdown.

We don't have meaningful blockers to plan to bluff later in the hand either. I am usually just folding flop, but as played, definitely folding turn.

do you playing online ? just interesting how you can be so tight.

opp can reise even 22 and x/fold later.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Preflop, standard.

On the flop I prefer to check back with AQ, we have a decent showdown value and two overcards. It hurts to bet-fold this hand and when we bet we are value betting ourselves for the most part, because in these cheap tournaments a lot of players are too tight in these spots. They should call with Ace high often, if not always, but they don't, so we can't value bet AQ here. As player, when we get check-raised it is easy fold now. Yes, we have two overcards, but they are dead most of the time, if villain has 6 or full-house.

As played turn is easy fold.

A

arandom53

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given that we have no info on the other player making reads is harder but lets break some of it down. Even if he is a decent reg, and is defending here with a decent range; how many 6x combos can he have? Seems like Jx is way more likely but regardless we are beat by those.So the part we beat is hands like flush draws and worse Ax hands. Given that we have zero knowledge if we are going to call a check raise on the flop I dont think we can fold that turn, it just seems to easy for this to be a semi bluff turned to a bluff jamb.That being said I think that folding the flop or jamming are the way to go.Flatting in this spot is supper weak and leads to all sorts of trouble spots.For example what if the turn is a Q or even an A do you call it off hoping he doesn't have a six?Basically the way you played it makes it really hard to make the correct choice and really easy to make a lot of mistakes.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
for value

vs scourrge i will check reise any two for value

vs sb reise range 22 is nuts on this flop.

Really? With what you expect him to call when you check-raise with 22 for value?
Also, hero is not sb, but button. Also, 22 is far from being nuts, since btn can have all pocket pairs, all Jx and all 6x hands, and all of them beat your 22 btw.

S

spr0ck3t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The fold on the turn seems OK - there's not much we're beating here, and we're behind flush draws, Jx, AK, and the case 6. Not sure they would flat AK preflop - Jx, flush draw or total air feel more likely.

Not to be resuts-oriented because checking back the flop instead of cbetting probably feels right in retrospect; but if we're up against total maniacs that will be c/ring every board that draws to a flush or with 2 overcards checking back the flop, peeling, and reassessing might be OK.

As played, definitely fold turn and wait for a better spot.